Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Rockstar Supernova

I really liked Ryan's original song a few weeks back, oh well he's gone now.

Also I'd pay to see a show put on by the House Band, they're the real stars of the show.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really liked Ryan's original song a few weeks back, oh well he's gone now.

Also I'd pay to see a show put on by the House Band, they're the real stars of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with you on this.

But didn't you think Ryan was a little over-the-top this past week? It seemed to me that he was doing a little too much screaming and what was up with the slithering across the piano? I was thinking, "has he lost his mind?"
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But didn't you think Ryan was a little over-the-top this past week?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Actually I think all of them are being a little over the top with their stage antics.

But, that seems to get the biggest response from the crowd/Supernova so you can't blame him/them.

A few more thoughts on the show:

-Tommy Lee seems to have the right attitude and just having fun with the show, the others take it a little too seriously. quote: "That performance was sauteed in wrong sauce"

-I hate the cheesy banter between the band and the singers, Storm in particular comes off as really fake during these segments.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-I hate the cheesy banter between the band and the singers, Storm in particular comes off as really fake during these segments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it's fake? Storm is a naughty big girl! - but she has a cool voice. She seems like a really nice girl at heart, and I actually like her now but at the beginning she made me want to throw up.

I always wonder if guys like this kind of girl. You know, the kind without any modesty.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:56 AM

The whole thing where she was like "I hope I'm in the bottom 3 so I can ROCK some more, yea!" Maybe that's just how she is. You said it took awhile for her to grow on you, that could be, I mised a good portion of the beginning of the show.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Supernova is trying to select someone who will fit. I like watching the performances and think the house band is so much better than Supernova.

The last two Supernova songs seemed to be done to a recorded track. Also, the footage looks editted, where the live performances with the house band don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't think it's edited, I think it's just a different camera lens thing, kinda like the difference between soap operas and a sitcom, like Friends.

2. Supernova, the band, sucks. They have 0 personality, and they have 0 relevance to the world of music today.

3. The house band is superior for a few reasons. Mainly, the house band is all classically trained professional musicains that get paid to play everything. I doubt if you put supernova up there, that they could play 8 different songs that well.

4. The 3 members of Supernova, well, not really Tommy, are stiffs. Like, is anyone 'that' excited to have a former G n R player in theband? It's not like ppl went to see GNR to see Gilby. Out of 6, he was probalby the 6th most interesting, behind SLash, Axl, Duff, Dizzy, and hell, even Matt Sorum. Gilby kinda got 'famous' by having good friends.

And newsted is a good bass player, but he's boring, and kinda retarded.

I think if they got better ppl, then this would be a better long term kinda band.

If the line up was Slash, Tommy Lee, and Newsted, this would be a bigger deal.

I've been in a band 4 months, and we've written better songs that Supernova has. God those two songs have been horrible. LOL at anyone that buys there trash [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with everything this guy has said...
Old 09-03-2006, 08:13 PM

After trashing SN, I kinda liked the newest song with Lukas on vocals, knida catchy.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:03 PM

Who wins tonight?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:06 PM

magni
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
magni

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought that ever since they flew his wife and kid in. He was in the bottom 2 here though.