Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: $100 SNG in 3 Hands -- How\'d I play?

Hand 1: Your line is ok but I usually cbet this flop
Hand 2: Open raise preflop. As played your postflop line is ok but I'd rather 3bet the flop (pot or so) or flop as played I like a turn bet of 160.
Hand 3: Quite easy fold effective stack being still 16 big blinds. I think I need atleast A5s/A9o/KJo/K9s/QJs/44 to call here.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Hand 1, as played, call the river.
Hand 2, raise pf. as played, standard.
Hand 3, I fold.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: Quite easy fold effective stack being still 16 big blinds. I think I need atleast A5s/A9o/KJo/K9s/QJs/44 to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Care to elaborate on how you picked that hand range to call with? Like I said earlier, I think this guy is pushing with anything and because K8 is in the top 20% of all hands you have an easy call.
But I haven't considered the tournament specific issues of doubling him up, variance and etc. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Care to elaborate on how you picked that hand range to call with? Like I said earlier, I think this guy is pushing with anything and because K8 is in the top 20% of all hands you have an easy call.
But I haven't considered the tournament specific issues of doubling him up, variance and etc. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can assign wide enough range for this opponent having witnessed only these 3 hands. He would need to push atleast his top 50% for the call to be profitable. I would guesstimate and assign top 35% to him making the minimum calling hands (A5s/A9o/KJo/K9s/QJs/44) I gave beat the rake barely. My intuition could be off here though, just my 2 cents.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Hand 1: I would c-bet but I could also see checking to see if he checks and then bet the turn. For this price I call the river for the information as well as having a good chance of having the best hand outright.

Hand 2: Same

Hand 3: I'd call I'm assuming he lost with something good enough to put him on tilt. He's at the point where alot of donks just give up and start pushing. Especially if he lost with a lower straight I'd instacall this.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Hand 1: You're probably beat but that's such a small bet in a big pot that ace high might be good x% of the time. Tought to put him on a hand.

Hand 2: I fold to the re-raise on the flop.

Hand 3: I call.