Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Holy sh-t, can we talk about that burned kid?!?!?!?!

If I've got to watch a human interest story, it better have something to do with somebody who is actually [censored] playing. I don't mind that the kid looks weird, but I hate this type or programming in general from ESPN, who tends to be awfully hamfisted about it.

(also people, stop notifying us about this thread, it's not going anyway)
Old 09-01-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I've got to watch a human interest story, it better have something to do with somebody who is actually [censored] playing. I don't mind that the kid looks weird, but I hate this type or programming in general from ESPN, who tends to be awfully hamfisted about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Dids, glad you aren't locking it and I am one of the ones defending the kid and the ESPN coverage.

See, I think the kid is going to find out about the thread, come in, post a response that b!tch slaps all the haters, who will then start mumbling their apologies about what they said, because they are big tough guys who will talk [censored] when someone isn't around and then suck-up when the subject of their hate shows up.

I can respect a rational discussion of whether ESPN should have broadcast this feature, but I will enjoy riding the haters who are taking a crack at the kid.

NCAces
Old 09-01-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if seeing a burned victim emotionally scars you for life that's a really standard response for people that aren't staff of rotten.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it bad that this made me wish I wasn't at work so I could browse rotten.com for a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't been on rotten for at least four years now. I can only imagine where "[censored] of the Day" has gone.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 PM

i think daniel would've done it without the cameras.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think daniel would've done it without the cameras.

[/ QUOTE ]

he did - check his blog, about a year back, maybe more
Old 09-02-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has a website about himself..

http://www.mattgravelin.com/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]
I was getting really angry at how much he sucks at spelling but after reading this, " What I'd like to do in life:

1. Become an audio engineer. I have been told I have a face made for radio/music. "

I think he's ok now.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 AM

I thought this was a wonderful and touching human interest story. Very touching.

Daniel IMHO you are a great ambassador for poker and continue to show Class. I for one will go out of my way to watch any show that you are on. I find you professional and always entertaining.

You are a class act Daniel IMHO. Thank you for representing the game many of us love.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, not every corporation is greedy and evil. Many companies are the first to lead the way in charity and helping others.

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Not.

There is no place for altruism in corporate America. Corporations who donate to charities are doing so in order to enhance their image and/or obtain tax writeoffs, and are motivated by greed.

Yes, you are naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is naive, then you are stupid, at best ignorant. Certainly, lots of corporate giving is motivated by "greed" - a term that is not inherently perjorative to me. However, there are many corporations -- the one I own among them -- that see giving as a way to give back the community. It is often done anonomously, and with no expectation of anything in return other than knowing that we are doing the right thing.

Based on your other posts on this subject, it is clear that you won't understand why this is done -- you obviously are a negative, cycnical, heartless person ("Who gives a [censored]? Waah, some kid's face melted off, this [censored] happens every day ... nobody really cares about this kid, compassion is just self-aggrandizement in disguise.") Unlike the other poster, I hope something like this does befall you so you can see first hand that no matter what a jerk you have been in the past, there are those who will still be concerned and care about you.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I'm sure your fortune 500 gives billions to charities and nobody ever hears about it.

Oh? You have a SMALL business? Then you're right, you're not motivated by greed. You're motivated by a desire for self-congratulation. ALTRUISM DOES NOT EXIST.

Yes, I'm a cynic. I'm relatively heartless. But I'm an all around nice guy.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a wonderful and touching human interest story. Very touching.

Daniel IMHO you are a great ambassador for poker and continue to show Class. I for one will go out of my way to watch any show that you are on. I find you professional and always entertaining.

You are a class act Daniel IMHO. Thank you for representing the game many of us love.

[/ QUOTE ]
[whispers]Is he here?[/whispers]

Why don't you go to FCP if youd like to share your feelings?