Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 10:06 PM

Default Question to Experienced NL players (LAG v. TAG at low stakes)

I was just wondering if it is more profitable to play LAG at 6-person $50max and $100max tables. (3-4 tabling)
What is your experiance playing LAG at 50max and 100max?

I usually played 8-10 tables of 50max full tables fairly tight, really aggressive. But now I find that I learn more from 3-4 tabling and have more fun. I tried playing crazy LAG at the 6-max table and found it way more rewarding and fun...I would just like to know what the more experienced players think about playing LAG at 50max and 100max compared to playing TAG. (keep in mind I would like to just 4 table right now)
Old 09-01-2006, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Question to Experienced NL players (LAG v. TAG at low stakes)

I realize this may be a long post, but I think it has relavance to the NL game and would realy appreciate atleast a couple of posts.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 PM

the answer is, it depends on table dynamics etc. being able to change gears and play laggy from LP is a good thing.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the answer is, it depends on table dynamics etc. being able to change gears and play laggy from LP is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is more about if I should play LAG all the time regardless of table dynamics at the 6-max full games... (obv. i would play more lag in good position and be careful against tight players, good players, etc) I feel that I can outplay a large majority of the 50max/100max players. I just wanted to know about other players experiances playing LAG at the 6max $50NL and $100NL
Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 PM

I think that matrix128 wrote a great Pooh Bah post on this
LAG vs TAG His contention was that at the lower levels of SSNL it was probably better to play a TAGGY style of poker, not only to ground yourself in fundamentals, but because many of your opponents are far too unobservant to pay attention to anything but what they have in their hands. Which of course goes back to the fact that if you are going to play LAGGY you have to be able to read your opponents far better, because you are going to be pushing marginal edges. Matrix does go onto say, that the ABC TAG style is definitley a little bit of a target at the higher limits, because opponent play there is generally far more observant and aggressive. That being said my tendencies are def towards the LAG, being 32/22, and i agree with you totally way more fun, and while there is definitley some added variance that comes from playing this way. I always get paid off by my big hands because at this level everybody thinks you are bluffing. I think as a LAG at SSNL you have to be very observant of your opponent, realize the 73/5 donk is going to call you down with 2nd pair, and you don't want to fire that 2nd Barrel.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 PM

thx worm, helpful post, i think my hand reading skills are good and playing a LAG style will only force me to improve them....and I love annoying the table [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]