Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Getting out of your groove

Good post. Let me first start by saying I'm by no means a great poker player, so take what I say with a grain of salt... It's funny though, while it seems like most people like playing at aggressive tables, I'm the exact opposite. I love tables that play tight and fold a lot because then I feel like I can "force the issue." It's also easier to isolate opponents at tables like that, which can be very beneficial. You can wind up winning some very big pots at aggressive tables, but you can also be dealt a lot of bad beats because more people tend to stay in the pot. I may be in the minority, but it's harder for me to read aggressive players and they can throw me off my game more than the passive players.

As for playing tighter at aggressive tables, I've heard A LOT of people say this. Maybe I'm nuts, but I've always loosened up a bit more at tables like that. That is to say if it's a LOOSE aggressive table. Personally, I would rather be in more pots than less at a table like that. If opponents are playing a lot of hands then a not-so-great hand like K,10 could actually be profitable in a game like that. I'd love to hear thoughts on how others typically play at aggressive or passive tables...