Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Besides posting blinds for late shows do we deal cards to their se

"When a player shows up late during the first hour he can buy in and take a seat. To make up for the missed blinds he will give everyone at the table a small blind, whatever the small blind is for the round when he sits down."

Interesting method. How late can the player still get in and pay that penalty?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:57 PM

For the first hour if there are seats available. We start at 7:00 pm and at 8:00 pm the re-buy period is over and we have an add-on at that time. During the first hour the blinds are pretty small compared to the stack sizes so it isn't that much of a penalty.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past I used to put stacks in front of every seat and we would deal to every stack and blind them off. A player could show up anytime during the first hour, pay his money, and get a seat. At the end of the hour the unused stacks were picked up. This worked but was a hassle because, being a player dealt tournament, some players were having to deal multiple times each round. (Some of these guys are pretty bad dealers.) If we had paid dealers I would continue to do it this way.

This year when I start having tournaments next month, I am going to put the chips in a zip lock bag in front of each seat and not blind off the stacks. When a player shows up late during the first hour he can buy in and take a seat. To make up for the missed blinds he will give everyone at the table a small blind, whatever the small blind is for the round when he sits down. This way the players don't have to deal for the empty seats and I don't have to seperate the unused chips before the next tournament.

As for players being away from the table during a deal, he should get a hand. He has paid for that hand with his blinds. If it looks like he isn't going to make it to the table in time to play the hand, it should be folded when the action gets to him. Give him every chance to play the hand without holding up the game too much.

Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastardization of the rules due to laziness, interesting...
Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the first hour if there are seats available. We start at 7:00 pm and at 8:00 pm the re-buy period is over and we have an add-on at that time. During the first hour the blinds are pretty small compared to the stack sizes so it isn't that much of a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens if I get knocked out in round 2 and lateboy shows up in round 3? Do i get back in with my portion of lateboy's penalty distribution?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:52 PM

I hadn't thought of it, but, no, you wouldn't get back in. If a person gets knocked out and doesn't re-buy then they are out. Good question, thanks.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To make up for the missed blinds he will give everyone at the table a small blind, whatever the small blind is for the round when he sits down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I used to do was just remove 1 big and 1 small blind from the late player's stack for each round he missed. These chips would not circulate among the other players at all.