Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Re: 100/200 hand

3bet preflop or fold, but I definitely like a bet on the turn fold to a raise. c/f river
Old 09-01-2006, 01:27 PM

If there is a bet on both streets and we get to showdown, I think I lose pretty much every time. I think this is pretty clear... anyone disagree?

Therefore, I think the only options are 1) bet-fold turn, 2) check-call turn and check-fold river or 3) check-fold turn.

I prefer options 2 or 3 to option 1. When the ace comes on the turn, he either has a worse hand that will fold to my bet (small chance QT calls down, I guess), or he just improved to a better hand than mine. So if I bet and he raises, he has a straight and I don't really have odds to call him because I might not get more than one bet on the river from him if I fill up (AND he probably holds one of my outs).

I'm not sure whether I should be check-folding the turn though; theres got to be some chance that he decides to bet the turn with a worse hand just in case I fold.

Those were my thoughts... but still unsure.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Re: preflop, I guess its kind of a standard 3-bet or fold situation. I think I fold KJo there most of the time and I want to play KQ but don't want to 3-bet it out of the SB. Didn't mention this earlier, but I think opponent is like 27/17 or something so he's not one of the wild preflop raise types. I don't really care about coldcalling here (I don't do it every time, of course).
Old 09-01-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding 2 pair feels dirty here if he bets the turn and river. Would your opponent not value bet a smaller 2 pair or ace small, or would he respect your range and not value bet these hands on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTH do you think his hand range is? we haven't defined our hand really. He raised we flat called he led the flop and called our raise.

AQ AK KQ KK QQ JJ QJ

When the Ace hits on the turn what hand can you logicly beat? KT QT?? Very thin value bet.

He might have AQ or AK and check call you down thinking you're range could be the straight.

I just dont see the value in a river bet. He either folds or you are beat in this spot almost everytime.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 PM

I have to disagree with almost everyone who has replied so far.

It's a 5 handed game - not ring. UTG's preflop raise doesn't mean Group 1 hand although his flop call of the checkraise usually means he has something.

In a ring game, c/c, cf might be the line to take but in a 5 handed game, I like c/c, c/c. I wouldn't fold. Dude could easily have called the flop checkraise with Ax and now be betting the turn thinking his hand is best as he knows that you may have checkraised the flop with as little as bottom pair.

I might even go for a checkraise on the turn instead of a checkfold because it seems unlikely that he - as the preflop raiser - would not semibluff 3 bet this flop if he had a jack in his hand.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:29 PM

I agree. If he is an aggresive player, then he probably value bets Ax here and KT, QT, or same hand KQ. I Think a call is in order on the river. It all depends on his value betting range though ultimately.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:25 PM

i agree with skp here. i think he has like AK, AQ, 99 (although wouldn't he 3 bet AK on the flop?). everything else he could have like QJ JT etc. like skp said, with position, i think he 3 bets. i think skps turn c/r play is pretty swee

edit: i was trying to think what hands make sense for him and not many do, AK doesn't make much sense to me. 99 and AQ more so. i think skp is right that Ax could be his biggest possibility.