Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: WPEX ; rock garden?

Well here is my take on it (I will try to be as unbiased as possible). I have played on party for the last 3 weeks at 10/20. I quit party basically after the monster promo. My results from the last 4 weeks are this

Week 1 +2000 at 10/20 +1800 rakeback
Week 2 -5000 at 10/20 +3700 rakeback
Week 3 +5500 at 10/20 +2100 rakeback
Week 4 +4000 at 10/20 +1900 rakeback
Total +6500 at 10/20 +9500 rakeback

So up 15,000 in my first month there. Its beatable in my opinion (granted my sample size is probably about 25k hands). That being said the games are somewhat harder than party. Truthfully the party 10/20 short games have been getting harder for a long time. I have been playing 10/20 thru 20/40 on party for about 3 years and have seen my winrate slip to the increase in rake and the players getting better from about 2.5bb/100 to 1.2bb/100 in the last 3 years. You obviously can get !@#$#^@$^ from Party on top of that too.

The poster that said that rakeback is like a paycheck is right. At almost any limit you are gonna make more at rakeback than the actual games. But if you go back thru your PT database you will notice that most likely your rake paid to party is equal or more than your win each month there too (unless you are playing higher than 10/20, in that case it really doesnt help you to play at WPEX if you are a 50/100 player for example).
Not trying to be a shill for WPEX just trying to give you guys my experiences over the last month. There is the annoying disconnect problem, the software sucks, and there are only about 5-10 tables each of 1/2 limit up thru 10/20 limit. Also you can only 3 table max. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:34 PM

I tried them a few months ago (3 or 4) at the 400/200 NL. It was a rock garden and thought the RB was nice, I lost a bit.
The software is absolutely disgusting and it is so slow that it drives you crazy.

I expect things to improve eventualy (maybe they have already, haven't checked lately) but as they were when I played, it was a nightmare.

RB is great, but why don't they fix their [censored] software? I'm certain that discourages the fish.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Getting disconnected repeatedly sucks - and the the two "disconnect protects" DO NOT protect you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the menu you can reset your disconect protects. Unlike Party, ive never been unable to reset them anytime I want.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:01 PM

With football season coming I would expect there to be a increase in traffic from fishy people betting on sports.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:24 PM

I don't think people realize just how much money goes to rake over the course of a month. If you aren't getting some kind of rakeback, then you are putting yourself at a real disadvantage. A fulltime player can easily contribute 5K or more in rake per month. Supposes you have a losing month of 2K, in reality you are a 3K winner, but it doesn't feel that way. Knowing rake is piling up helps you stay focused, IMO.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Getting disconnected repeatedly sucks - and the the two "disconnect protects" DO NOT protect you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the menu you can reset your disconect protects. Unlike Party, ive never been unable to reset them anytime I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you only get momentarily disconnected the "disconnect protect" does not kick in and your hand gets folded.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you only get momentarily disconnected the "disconnect protect" does not kick in and your hand gets folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasnt been my experience. Everytime ive been momentarily disconected, the protec has kicked in
Old 09-01-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasnt been my experience. Everytime ive been momentarily disconected, the protec has kicked in

[/ QUOTE ]

I was getting a "connect lost" a couple times an hour - everytime I had a hand, it got folded. Sometimes that hand was on the river - and once there was no bet, just a check, and my hand was still folded.

No chance I play there anymore.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 PM

I don't understand why would you wouldn't try it.

I have so many sites that I've downloaded and just looked at the tables. Or deposited, played very briefly, and decided I didn't like it there.

You can just go to the site and see what you think for yourself and I think your own judgement is going to overrule anything that anybody else tells you about the games anyway.

You could have every single poster on here tell you that the games really aren't beatable pre-rakeback and that the software sucks....yet you could there and have a completely different opinion.
And these are opinions that you know are coming from some people who are probably not very reliable.

I know people who I completely respect and trust on all matters related to poker...yet we can still disagree on whether a site or software or piece of advice is worthwhile or not.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The disconnect protect kicks in maybe 10% of the time for me although that number seems to be trending higher.