Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 01:41 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 is so loose

[ QUOTE ]
6 max

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss your George Bush avatar.

-RW
Old 09-01-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Off-topic. Which sites are best bonus whoring while playing 0.5/1.0? Coz it seems it's very hard to clear bonus at most sites in this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound like BoDog pusher (I am not), but their unlimited anytime 10% reload bonuses clear pretty well. You can easily average $1-2 per hour in bonus money. Plus the Beginner SNGs for $4.40 (top 5 get paid) - golden opportunity to get NL experience and make some money doing it.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 max

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss your George Bush avatar.

-RW

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you mention that because I was just thinking the Goodman one wasn't really doing it for me. I might switch it back.

In other news: 6 MAX
Old 09-01-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do tell where they are? I was kinda under the impression that .50/1.00 on party was pretty damn loose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ive done Paradise, Pokerroom, Golden Riviera (Prima), Stars (backlogged bonuses), 1 or 2 others ive forgotten and of course Party reloads....I only play 3-4k a month so this has kept me busy. I stick with the biggers sites cos I play offpeak. Party and Prima had the tightest tables....Stars has been suprisingly soft compared to party plus I have much [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for resizable tables.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:34 AM

I can confirm about UB being tight, there are 5 guys who are on the tables EVERY single time I a log in and they all play exactly the same way I still have 180 dollars to clear off that sight which is oh around 12k hands at 1 dollar level so unless you plan on multitabling with the 5 other TA's that live here..its going to be a long journey to bonus clear time.

I find since being at UB that Stars seems looser to me now and those are the only two sites I have money at now. I play Stars during the day as UB is dead in the day Eastern time and UB at night if I can find a juicy spot.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 AM

I was sweating a buddy of mine the other day who is trying to learn to play shorthanded. He played no less than ~200 hands across four different Party 6-max .25/.50 tables where you could literally not swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a retard right square in the face.

I don't really know any of you guys. I don't know your bankrolls, goals, skill levels, etc., but I think it's safe for me to say that you should consider seriously playing some shorthanded poker. You're going to have to do it eventually anyway.

When I first began playing online there were no micro-limit shorthanded tables, so all the tards had to play 10 handed. Since the invent of the short tables, however, all the dipshats and action junkies play short. That's presumably why the 10 handed games suck so much more than they used, if they do actually suck now.

I'll even make you a promise:

Once you start to play 6-max you will wonder what took you so long. You'll also realize that 9 or 10 handed poker sucks in comparison. I usually don't even sit at a full table unless the game is particularly good because of at least one awful player who I have position on. Once you start playing shorthanded you won't either. You don't have to make it your normal game, but take a crack at it if you haven't yet. Trust me.

Just something to consider. Those are my pearls on the subject, anyway.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 max

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting my FishMax feet wet on this level right now and I don't think I have ever played in softer games online other then the nanos.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do tell where they are? I was kinda under the impression that .50/1.00 on party was pretty damn loose. Thats the lowest limit they have so the idiots have no choice but to reload and get reamed over and over rather than drop down, buy a book and improve [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has lower limits than this under the beginners tab.
I think they go down to .05/.10
Old 09-01-2006, 11:05 AM

6 max at .5/1, thats the move? how have you changed your game to accomodate the smaller sized table?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:21 PM

sssh forum