Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: September goals?

[ QUOTE ]
6. Actually do the forum stuff that will help me improve my game (grunch, post, session reviews, etc...) instead of just reading for entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. I do the session reviews but I spend far too much time in the NC posts and not thinking deeply enough about hand posts.

Also,

1) Improve my hand reading skills
2) Do a better job adapting to my opponents
3) Make more situational and positional plays instead of playing ABC
Old 08-31-2006, 02:18 PM

1. Continue doing well in my first long term 6-max focus. Feel very comfortable so far.
2. Finish high enough in the monthly Eugene Poker Club tournament to earn enough points to be in the top 20 standing for the end of the year (March) big pool freeroll.
3. Continue building the reputation of the next batch of rookie/veteran advice givers in the Micro forum since the departure of others to the Small Stakes forum(Dr. Modern, Bilgefisher, Ampelmann & Befolder). We need a name for our group fellas. "Dr. Befishermann?"
4. Post more freakin' hands.
5. Figure out how to make PT record 6-max tables as that. Not sure it's possible, but I hate that those stats are going as full ring.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:19 PM

1) Play 7,500 hands
2) Reread SSH
3) Finish my program for instant hand histories for wpex.
4) Whore some bonueses.
5) Buy some more reading material for my week in the bahamas the first week of oct.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM

With my NeTeller deposit going through today or tomorrow I will be playing for real money for the first time, so my goals are as follows:

1. Play as much as my free time allows. Since I will be single tabling hopefully 1000 to 2000 hands.
2. Study more than I play.
3. As I get into situations I don't feel comfortable in, go back and read the appropriate section in my books (SSHE, TOP, WLLH) until I understand what I should be doing and WHY!
4. Start posting HH's and Grunching.
5. Don't go bust. Promised the wife if I lost my initial bankroll I was done, so this is high priority. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 02:42 PM

-Continue running at 5BB/100 (ha!)
-Play enough hands to keep my goldstar
-Use the FPPs to qualify for the WCOOP
-Try not to donk off all my limit winnings at NL
-Try to get good enough at NL to play it regularly
Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With my NeTeller deposit going through today or tomorrow I will be playing for real money for the first time, so my goals are as follows:

1. Play as much as my free time allows. Since I will be single tabling hopefully 1000 to 2000 hands.
2. Study more than I play.
3. As I get into situations I don't feel comfortable in, go back and read the appropriate section in my books (SSHE, TOP, WLLH) until I understand what I should be doing and WHY!
4. Start posting HH's and Grunching.
5. Don't go bust. Promised the wife if I lost my initial bankroll I was done, so this is high priority. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck on your journey. May it be a long and profitable one not including busto, which according to your wife, would end your poker career. Most here say that they have gone busto at least once, myself not included...yet.

Perhaps after a year of success, should you enjoy it, have another talk with your wife about the busto condition.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Figure out how to make PT record 6-max tables as that. Not sure it's possible, but I hate that those stats are going as full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

On all the auto-import windows there is a checkbox labeled "treat all hands as..." click that box, select what you want all the hands to count as and bingo. You also have to do this for Crypto/Abs that I know of.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be a check box you can check in the import window, depending on where you're playing. Also, there's an option in the databases menu that will open up a dialoge box where you can screen through all your sessions and change the designation of all sessions with <= 6 players to 6 max.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar situation here. Promised my fiancee I wouldn't invest more if I go busto. I highly recommend reading up on proper bankroll management and really understanding what it means to minimize your chances here.

I was watching a re-run of the 2004 WSOP Main Event the other day, and Raymer said he was under the same restriction (but with $1k to start). So there you go.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:22 PM

-Finish my 1/2 run and either start 1/2 6-max or 2/4

-Clear my AP bonus and start the Hollywood bonus.

-Actually play some poker(school has got in the way, trying to keep up with all these kids fresh outa high school)

-Finish GrandmaStabone's HH review. (Yes I'm calling my self out here, and no I haven't forgot about ya)