Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 06:38 AM

Default JT line check... nano limit

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

<font color="green">No reads... I don't bother trying to figure out what nano-donks are thinking, I just play my cards and the board</font>
Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.02. MP2 posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

<font color="green"> Not too sure if chasing along here after the 3bet was +EV, but the pot was laying me 5:1 on my call </font>

Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Insights/criticisms welcomed
Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Re: JT line check... nano limit

[ QUOTE ]
No reads... I don't bother trying to figure out what nano-donks are thinking, I just play my cards and the board

[/ QUOTE ]

1) This is a pretty bad habit to develop if you ever intend to move up.

2) While it's true the majority of players at .02/.04 are donks there are many different variations of donks. Reads will go a long way towards determining the exact level of stupidity your opponents possess which in turn will help your winrate.

JTo is a little weak for me to play in this position. There is a plus in that you have two posters which means more money in the pot preflop but this hand is just too mediocre. Make it suited and I'm playing. In fact, with the dead money in the pot I am probably open-raising with JTs.

Definitely fold when it is two more back to you. The price may look good but you are in a world of hurt more times than not.

On the flop I'm not sure what the raise accomplishes. We don't want to face the field with two bets here. We don't have the best hand, we are never going to get a better club to fold and we are never going to buy ourselves any outs. Just call.

Turn and river are good.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

JTo is a bunch of ass for me to play in this position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-25-2006, 09:05 AM

Fold pre-flop. JTo in early position isn't much fun, and the last thing you wanted to happen did, it was raised, not once but twice before it came back. I'll call one raise with pretty much anything I'd call with, but two is too many.

You play like you practice and the nanos are practice for the not so nano. Learn to read.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:11 AM

I would fold this UTG+2 but if you did play, come in for a raise. Don't give the posters free looks at the flop in position. Calling the 3-bet is standard pre-flop if you already committed money fore you had the odds to do it.
Usually I'm all for free-card plays, but this is one flop where I just call down to the river. Either I make my hand or I don't. Post flop is all about pot odds to the next street. Call on the flop, check/call the turn, and fold river unimproved.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this UTG+2 but if you did play, come in for a raise. Don't give the posters free looks at the flop in position. Calling the 3-bet is standard pre-flop if you already committed money fore you had the odds to do it.
Usually I'm all for free-card plays, but this is one flop where I just call down to the river. Either I make my hand or I don't. Post flop is all about pot odds to the next street. Call on the flop, check/call the turn, and fold river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to play this at all, I think it's probably better to limp at a loose table in early position.

Best of all is not to play it here.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:25 AM

*grunch*

Easy fold preflop for me. JTo OOP can be a pain in the ass to play, even if a J or T hits the flop you are likely beat against KJ, AJ, KT AT or any higher pocket pair. I only play this hand in late position, if nobody has raised yet. If you are gonna play it, bring it in for a raise.

Well, that's my two cents.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone! Just wanted to be sure about one thing;
All the people who are folding preflop here, just wanted to make sure that you realize that there are 2 newbie blinds posted in this hand, for a pot of $0.07 when it comes to me.
Are you still folding the strongest connector PF getting 3.5:1?
Again, thank you everyone who took time to respond.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:35 PM

yeah, you still gotta fold preflop. Though the odds may be right, it will often be raised behind you and you'll be out of position for the rest of the hand.

I cannot think of a single situation where I would want to call two bets preflop with TJo. Probably not even if it were two 100% PFR guys who did the raising.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM

But that's just the thing, it is JUST a connector. That isn't so hot OOP with average high card strength. And 3.5-1 really isn't that impressive odds wise at a nano limit table.

In Late Position yes, play this. But not in EP where you may face raises behind you along with the fact your position post flop is poor.