Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Having a GF while in college

What are some of your experiences with having a GF while in college? Wasted four years? Wasted two years and lived it up the last two? Had a great 4 years while having a gf and are still together?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Having a GF while in college

I went to college single. Had a shitton of fun my first 3 months. Started dating a girl in November who was anti-drinking. Lost all my freshman friends and it turned out this girl was psycho. Would get upset at me for hanging out with my friends when home for break instead of talking to her on the phone 10 hours a day. Only thing in my life I wish I could go back and change.

Enjoy college's fruits for a while before getting in a relationship. Also, I think there is a newer forum for this!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 PM

If you like a girl enough to want to be her boyfriend, then do it. If not, then, um don't.

You just don't want some sort of relationship that's like a marriage where you always have to know where the other one is and you never do stuff on your own. You will never again have as many social options as you will in college.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 PM

Don't do it.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 PM

I'm going into sophmore year with a girl I've been dating since middle of senior year in HS.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Looking back on college I wish I would have gotten laid more, but am very glad I didn't have a girlfriend for my frosh/soph years. This is where you meet some of your closest friends for the rest of your life.

I know people that were in a relationship from the beginning to the end of college and regret missing out on a lot of stuff. Small sample size, yes, I know.

There's a lot more options junior and senior years anyways. Hang out and party early and settle down late. Or hang out and party the whole time.

DN
Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going into sophmore year with a girl I've been dating since middle of senior year in HS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, do what you want. Just don't let her take all your time. It's not just about banging as many chicks as you can. It's also about spending time with the guys and taking part in other aspects of college. If you often find yourself not doing things with the guys because your gf wants something, then it's time to seriously reconsider.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, do what you want. Just don't let her take all your time. It's not just about banging as many chicks as you can. It's also about spending time with the guys and taking part in other aspects of college. If you often find yourself not doing things with the guys because your gf wants something, then it's time to seriously reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I'm fine, because I play college baseball and have a great group of friends. My gf goes to a different school so it isn't like we are around each other all the time. We both had a great time at our colleges last yr and we worked well together. The only thing that is tough is the seperation factor where jealousy can take over.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I'm fine, because I play college baseball and have a great group of friends. My gf goes to a different school so it isn't like we are around each other all the time. We both had a great time at our colleges last yr and we worked well together. The only thing that is tough is the seperation factor where jealousy can take over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was seriously the thing I left out, because I thought for sure people were smart enough not to keep the HS gf in a long-distance other college relationship.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 PM

Some people I've talked to have advised against it, but it has worked out so far.