Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM

Default KK 400nl

so i pretty much know nothing about this guy except that he's like 23/19 over 43 hands or something...in the small time i've played with him though he seems pretty capable of pulling moves, 3-betting light, firing twice, squeezing, etc. etc.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($400)
SB ($396)
BB ($400)
UTG ($385.20)
MP ($415)
CO ($798.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $46</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $34.

Flop: ($100) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

Turn: ($250) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($250) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks...

my image should be slightly laggy but not excessive, i've been opening a lot of pots and getting 3-bet a moderate ammount of the time but haven't really done much about it. maybe 4-bet pf in this instance? bet the turn? thx.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: KK 400nl

i dont mind the turn check cause he's either drawing to 2-3 outs or has u beat.. the river i try to value bet 1/2 pot or more i'd say.. there's a good chance he'd pay off given u checked turn(esp if he sees u as laggy.. or stealing in lp).. he could put u on AK or something and call with something like JJ, or worse
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 PM

Loc: misplaying kings

LOL

edit: seriously, I like how you played this. I personally would have raised pf but I don't mind the call because you have position. I valuebet the river 1/2 pot?

Why didn't you raise the flop? Was it because of the standard thinking: &lt;=JJ,AK will fold and AA,QQ,AQ will play? Even so, I raise flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind the turn check cause he's either drawing to 2-3 outs or has u beat.. the river i try to value bet 1/2 pot or more i'd say.. there's a good chance he'd pay off given u checked turn(esp if he sees u as laggy.. or stealing in lp).. he could put u on AK or something and call with something like JJ, or worse

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't see how i could ever be put on AK here...
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loc: misplaying kings

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

lol everytime baby.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:51 PM

I would certainly bet the turn here and fold to a checkraise. If he calls on the turn, I probably check the river behind, as AA would be very likely at that point, and he's probably not folding it.

As played, value bet 1/2 the pot on the river.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:55 PM

yeah, for sure.. forgot that you called flop.. not sure what i was talking about there? still i bet river and hope for call after he checks.. can't see him checking aces on river..
Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, for sure.. forgot that you called flop.. not sure what i was talking about there? still i bet river and hope for call after he checks.. can't see him checking aces on river..

[/ QUOTE ]

i can.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would certainly bet the turn here and fold to a checkraise. If he calls on the turn, I probably check the river behind, as AA would be very likely at that point, and he's probably not folding it.

As played, value bet 1/2 the pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think checking turn here is good but i could be off. a very likely hand for me is trip queens after my just call on the flop but if i had bet turn and he does c/r i would expect me to be in a lot of trouble so it'd be an easy fold. the problem i have with betting the turn is that i can't see me getting action from a worse hand except maybe a stubborn 99-jj if he thought i was floating, but i would expect him to maybe make a blockish bet on the river with those hands and i could get more value by checking turn and calling river. thoughts?
Old 08-30-2006, 02:07 PM

hm... alright.. rethinking hand again since i misread flop action... given that you called the flop bet.. im not sure what he can call here if you're ahead? i think it depends on your image u've projected to him previously.. i think its close.. my first inclination was to 1/2 pot it.. but i may lean towards checking now