Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Misdeal or Dead Hand?

[ QUOTE ]

Yet, in the B&M poker rooms, every room I have been to, all the decks were identical. WHY??? Making it mandatory that the two decks have different backs seems SO obvious to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Where in the world do you play? I don't think I have ever been in a club that has two decks at the table and both the same color back.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:17 PM

Dead hand
(d) The hand does not contain the proper number of cards for that particular game

Thats because of the action if no action it's a misdeal
Old 08-29-2006, 08:19 PM

. The following circumstances cause a misdeal, provided attention is called to the error before two players have acted on their hands. (If two players have acted in turn, the deal must be played to conclusion, as explained in rule #2)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 PM

Different color backs are standard everywhere I've played throughout the US. Maybe in other countries it's different?

FWIW the bright yellow Borgata decks are my favorite card backs. I feel reassured knowing that in the event of a power outage, I could still find my hole cards, even if I couldn't read them.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this scenario once:

I'm dealing a $4-$8 limit game WITH A SHUFFLEMASTER. Player in Seat 10 is UTG and wins a large pot. I push the pot and the cards get buried and I forget tha haven't brought them in.

Bring out the next deck blinds are posted and I deal. After iDeal but befor ethere is any action the Large Blind (the winner of the last pot) says hey i have 4 cards and brings out his two cards from lats hand -- they are from a different deck and are obvious because of the different color backs. take his two cards from the last hand and put them into the shufflemaster and restart the Shufflemaster. Now the large Blind Announces "Misdeal" I figure he is joking an prompt the action and we get a raise in middleposition. Now he pipes up that "its a misdeal i had two many cards". I tell him they fr the other deck and different color backs, and I really can't believe that he is serious in thinking this is a misdeal. Now the action comes around to him and he starts arguing that it is a misdeal so i call the floor. The floorman is a dual rate who has been around poker a long time and knows what he is doing, but is the laziest bastard you'll ever meet. I explain what happened and the player makes is argument that it is a misdeal because he had to mnay cards, and you know what the damn floorman says. "Well i can't fix it now theres been too much action" Of course this player who started calling for a misdeal before there was nay action now thinks that he was correct and that i screwed him by calling for action instead of giving him a misdeal. (His hand was something like a 8 3 ).

So on the push I head right to the floor guy to tell him what i think of what he just did and before I even get my mouth open he says "I know. I just didn't feel like arguing with him."

[/ QUOTE ]

This story make me very sad.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The floorman was called. He checked the deck, found the six queens, but I was so embarrassed I kept my mouth shut

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great story.
When did you start thinking your queens might be extras?
Didn't they have different color backs?