Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 12:05 AM

Default TPTK facing flop 4bet AI.

5 hands or so into my round, so no reads. What do you do when facing this kind of action?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $109.12
CO: $127.94
Button: $50.19
Hero: $99.90
BB: $60.84

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $91.12</font>, <font color="#cc0000"></font>

Hero ?. I'm only really worried about 55 and 33, both of which were possible limp/calls from villian preflop. I can't see QQ/KK/AA limp-calling and the other 2 Qs and one A are in play. I have ~40% of my stack committed and folding is still crossing my mind.

Am I seeing ghosts after getting exactly the action I wanted?

[edited to change "re-re-raise" to 4bet.]
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Re: TPTK facing flop r/re-re-raise AI.

Fold in a hurry. You three-bet his minraise and he says to you, "I don't care." This screams 55 or 33.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 AM

welcome to the forums

[ QUOTE ]
getting exactly the action I wanted

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not want somebody 4bet-pushing into your TPTK hand on the flop. So no, this is not the action you are wanting.

Your flop 3bet isn't really standard either I don't think, I generally call the flop and either A) c/r all in on the turn, B) lead turn and fold to a raise, or C)c/c turn planning on leading any river.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: TPTK facing flop 4bet AI.

i think it's either a diamond draw or you are in a bad bad way....I fold until I get a better feel for the villain
Old 08-30-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
welcome to the forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I've lurked for quite a while and am trying to heed the good advice I see so often ("post hands").

[ QUOTE ]
You do not want somebody 4bet-pushing into your TPTK hand on the flop. So no, this is not the action you are wanting.

Your flop 3bet isn't really standard either I don't think, I generally call the flop and either A) c/r all in on the turn, B) lead turn and fold to a raise, or C)c/c turn planning on leading any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I didn't exactly want it either given how uncomfortable I got when he pushed.

Question about your options A and C - both have you putting more chips into the pot when the villian shows some aggression (particularly option A). Only B has you folding to aggression. Why the difference?
Old 08-30-2006, 03:32 AM

A and C are lines I use against particularly aggressive or particularly bad players because it picks off their floats/mistakes with worse hands.

B is a good line against a passive player who won't raise the turn without the absolute goods, but will call off his stack with KQ.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:45 AM

if you 3bet the flop, it shouldnt be to fold to a push.

standard would be calling the minraise and re-evaluating the turn. Also, make it 5 preflop.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:50 AM

Definitely agree with hobo here. You can't fold this *easily* after commiting this much. I don't mind reraising, but in my mind we are commiting as many chips just to get them in if we are.

Against an unknown, this is an iffy decision. I'd like to call and generally take line B of Baluga's here.