Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Re: WTF is with WPEX 2/4 and 3/6 players??

i think the toughest part about playing WPEX players is figuring out counter-strategy for someone who will call you down with bottom-pair or A-high, yet will also check-raise your top pair on the turn holding little more than a gutshot.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 PM

The WPEX games are certainly wildly different then what you get at party. usually to keep me on my toes i pay 2 at WPEX and 2 at party, have to play 2 different styles at the same time.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the talk on the 2+2 internet forum and on the tables has been that the WPEX players are the best SS players on the net.

I believe they couldn't be further from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think I said these players are playing worse than me!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2006, 02:37 PM

Just wanted to say great thread. Best discussion I have read on 2+2 in a while.

I also wanted to say that I think the strange style of games at WPEX has to do with the fact that there are 5-10 handed games going all the time. A 5 handed game plays different than a 6 or 7 and so on. Many WPEX players I think are not adjusting properly to the number of players at their table and think, for example, that the button is an auto-raise with any 2 even 10 handed. Just an example of adjustments they fail to make.

I love WPEX but you have to out-think your opponents, as another said. It isn't the site for those that are 100% tuned to 6max/PT/PAHUD games.

And I love the fact that they are "semi" PT compatible but not 100% PT/PA compatible.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:37 PM

I would say that seat selection relative to your opponents is just as important as table selection when it comes to playing against your typical WSEX lag. When you use calling as a strategy (as per mjkidd's suggestion), you don't want to be out of position, checking and calling. A thinking lag is much harder to exploit when he has position on you.

Try not to passively play one "ABC" style at this site. I struggled with this site at first because the mindless multitabling that I was able to win with at Party just doesn't work here. I agree with what was said about focusing on the tables and not being distracted, as it takes a lot of attention to continually adapt your opponents.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I love the fact that they are "semi" PT compatible but not 100% PT/PA compatible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for going a little off topic, but is WPEX compatible with any other email service than Outlook? Can you get POP3 mail with anything else? (no I dont know what POP3 means) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Try gmail from google. There is a thread on this some where on the PT forum. Post office protocol.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:58 PM

A little help on "c/c" please...don't see it in the glossary link.

Thanks to the guy who started (and then didn't get all pissy when criticized) and all who contributed to this thread. I've been scratching my head about what I've seen going on at these tables and these posts have helped me think through some adjustments.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little help on "c/c" please...don't see it in the glossary link.

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call

it means to check, and call if someone bets
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 PM

I agree.

The "swede" style takes advantage of players with developing hand reading skills that are attempting to play well by making expert laydowns. Reread Ed Millers you fold too much post, and cut down the number of tables and enjoy the night.

If you are used to using PA/HUD, use this as an opportunity to pick up reads without it. Take some real notes. Knowing a guy check-raises the turn with a weak draw goes a lot further than a scan of a 1.5 Agg Freq.