Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: bodog - bodog - why? - why? new download

I have multiple times and have contacted support and had it verified that the software has auto folded me before, auto posted my blinds, auto called bets, and had the folded any bet option selected.

Total pain the butt.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Again. Cash your money out. Let your feet do the talking.

These changes will be fixed....but they'll be fixed at a faster rate once they see people are no longer playing on their site.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 PM

Already cashed out.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:57 PM

Screw them, when a software issue costs me money I'm gone. Bodog isn't the end of the world, there are so many other sites out there that were better than the old Bodog anyhow. Goodbye and Goodluck.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:19 PM

It seems at least there are a boatload of you who can at least get in to Bodog to get infuriated by their new interface ....

on the day that they switched from the old one I lost access to my account and haven't gotten in since. 3 CS calls, Router re-config, Firewall and Anti-Virus disabling, calls to Comcast aside ... nothing working.

Tips appreciated -- although it sounds like there is nothing to like at the end of the tunnel.

thx
Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tips appreciated -- although it sounds like there is nothing to like at the end of the tunnel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is the short answer. I'm typing a longer explanation of what I do that may not interest anyone, but I'll post it in a little while as I'm a slow typist. (EDIT: I'm going to wait to see if I can streamline my procedure first. I may wait until the next update to see if it works better.)

I don't expect this to help you, but just on the chance it might, I'll type it.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get the poker client to update anywhere other than the C:\Program Files\Bodog\ folder. You'll have to be logged on as the Administrator to do this.

1)The bodog poker client puts cookies in the user's cookies file that won't be deleted by using the Internet Explorer - Tools - Delete Cookies feature.
Delete them manually. If you play while logged on as a user other than the Administrator, then delete all the Bodog cookies for every user, including the administrator.

2)Make sure your icon shortcut is pointing to the folder\file combination of the updated software. When you update, a new shortcut may have been created. You might be using a shortcut that points to a different, older version of the poker client.

3)If you can't start the software from a shortcut then use the Windows - start- Search - folders feature. Find the C:\Program Files\Bodog\ folder to find the Bodog poker client and double click on the .exe file.

4)Don't expect quality technical help from Bodog. Even before the new software, I never once got someone on the phone who actually knew enough to help me. However, your best chance is to call during USA/Canadian business hours and ask for technical help then. Ask who, specifically, you can get the most expert help from, and when you can talk to him.

Remember, I said that I didn't expect this to help you.