Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: So you guys want to see a LAG in action? (Full HH)

Well done. There are only two hands that I "definitely" play differently here. In 29 and 87, the worst possible hands IMO for restealing with are Ace and King small. If you are called you are likely a huge underdog. I would rather do this with 98o than A5 or K3.

As to people questioning about why he doesn't cbet more often, it's called varying your play. If you cbet every time, any good player is going to have you for breakfast. I think your frequency of cbetting, bluff-raising, etc. is about perfect here.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well done. There are only two hands that I "definitely" play differently here. In 29 and 87, the worst possible hands IMO for restealing with are Ace and King small. If you are called you are likely a huge underdog. I would rather do this with 98o than A5 or K3.

As to people questioning about why he doesn't cbet more often, it's called varying your play. If you cbet every time, any good player is going to have you for breakfast. I think your frequency of cbetting, bluff-raising, etc. is about perfect here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I specifically recall Ansky stating in multiple posts that when restealing your cards matter a lot less than what you think your opponent has and how he plays. If Ansky thought restealing there with A5o was profitable, then I'm sure he would have done it with a hand a lot weaker like J4o.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM

I really enjoyed that. never used that xfactor before and it's great too.

Can you comment on #150 where u have K5s in the BB and 3-bet all-in vs the button?

and # 198.

pure reads here?

p.s. - anybody subscribe to that for their training videos? reviews? seems pricey for my play level.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:44 PM

i haven't gotten to watch the whole thing, but i had to see some of the hands people were talking about
i LOVE hand 87. it take some heart to pull off a 4-bet like that but you can in the right spots
more later
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM

I already forgot the hand # but I'm curious as to the open min raise in MP w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] w/ 200-400 blinds (I think). You do this w/ AK here too? Misclick?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM

I was just driving all day and I'm kind of busy but I want to address all the questions later.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 53: the bb has been at your table for a while and knows you are playing LAG, I can see him calling with any 2 preflop and expecting him to be leading with complete air alot. This is a very risky play can we got your thoughts on this hand ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you said it yourself, a lot of time he is just leading with crap on a board like that, and the way I was betting made it pretty clear that I wanted to play for stacks so if he had a marginal hand it would be pretty hard for him to continue unless he puts me on total air. Also I had been at the table a decent amount so I felt I had a good feel for the player and what his bets meant. In this case I just didn't think he would ever be clever enough to be leading with the intention of 3 betting, or leading with trips there.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 87: the small reraise leaves him with about 11k obviously enough room to fold but it seems like he has a monster or its a complete resteal here. with your image I dont think you are getting many folds out of him here, you had been raising a lot and he picks a time with complete air to bluff against you? This is obviously a horrible play by him or maybe a great read by you can you give us your thoughts here?

[/ QUOTE ]
This hand I just really felt with the timing and the fact that I had been going so insane that he was really repopping me light there. Also maybe it's just hindsight bias or whatever but I remember thinking with his timing it sort of felt like he just decided to reraise me there, not like he actually had a hand.

Uhmmm my friend just called and I gotta go out and get hammered since I just got back to school, I'll do this [censored] in the next few days.

btw to all the ppl who are like OMG K2S WATF, 85 SUITED CMON.

chill. I am calling super loose in alot of spots for very good reasons, not because I think in a vacuum those spots are +EV. I have very good notes on a lot of stars regulars, I was 1 tabling so I really had a feel for the unknowns, and I was trying to take advantage of position as much as possible.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ansky, you don't cbet a lot of the time, even on flops that would seem favorable for a cbet to me.

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make a quick answer because booze awaits me.

I think in higher buy ins c-betting is not so simple as it usually is in lower buy ins with bigger donks. Very often in high buy ins you will get check raised with air, or semi bluffed, or all sorts of [censored] that you don't want happening. Also, players aren't dumb, and they know that very often you will check behind a hand with showdown value or occasionally a monster, so I don't expect an auto bet on the turn if I check behind on a flop. If you always cbet you will most certainly get punished. Also a lot had to do with the flow of the table and my horrid image.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here I go

15 I hate the overlimp with QJo raise or fold
19 hate that call with k2s UTG raise and UTG+1 call no reason to call
21 hate calling the reraise image is not worth it
23 really like a turn bet there pair +FD unless your plan was to c/rai but you were too deep for that
28 wtf open limping in CO?
71 I like a resteal there with A10o you are ahead of his range.
109 I shove there almost 6k in the pot thats 33% of yuor stack BS could be opening lighter there.
120 nh I hate it would just shove PF but that's me
124 continuation bet if you are going to open raise any2 on button that was a dry board bet. turn I like a raise of 2.5 to 3 times his bet free showdown and also can get better hands to fold.
138... 92o 2 orbits prior than you fold A5o...
168 I think A10o is way ahead of his button shoving range there
181 is more proof why I think the 168 fold is bad esp considering his stack and pos
190 k2o meh let the BB call
198 you 3bet bluff a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

It really seems like you looked at each hand individually, and not as how they related to eachother. IE fact that I open fold A5o but raise 92o in the same spot 1 round before is [censored] meaningless. I wouldn't be raising A5o for value, it's a position raise and steal that can't stand any more heat.

I'll go into your individual remarks later.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:51 PM

driving? or being driven?