Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 AM

Default Re: dating an older girl

i have no idea how everyone is misinterperting the OP as though there is a huge numerical age gap.

She's a working adult, he feels like he's still in college.

numbers rarely matter, stages of life do. I think OP is somewhat over-reacting, but he absolutely has a point, especially guy to girl rather than vice versa.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:40 PM

thanks all.

again, I should've titled this "dating a girl in the real world," because the age difference isn't that big. the "gap" is big, though.

I tend to overreact to small cues because my relationship history isn't that pretty. I'm looking forward to moving really close to a college this friday, where I can meet more girls, but for the last month or so I haven't been anywhere near another woman, which kinda sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
There are certainly tons of differences between the relationships that you were used to in high school and college compared to with mid-twenties women. You just figured out one of the main ones and that is the bf/gf thing.

For whatever reason, they freak out about you being their boyfriend. They are willing to talk to you on the phone every day, date you, sleep with you, spend every weekend with you, and even be exclusive, but until she's ready for you to officially be her boyfriend, you're just the guy she's currently dating. When she starts calling you her boyfriend and you get to meet her parents (for some reason, another very important step in mid-twenties relationships'), only then has it become a 'serious' relationship in her eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
this sounds spot-on with how I read her.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM

My most recent girlfriend wouldn't accept the "girlfriend" label until about 6 weeks in (she is 24 years old). Don't worry about it yet. If it's still like that in a few months, then you've got a problem.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Whats wrong with you... This is the best thing ever!? Older chick who doesn't want the title... Dude your 22. Seriously go out and bang as many chicks as you can including this one. Don't settle down till you've graduated and reached your career goals.