Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Canterbuy info?

the food you can order from the "deli" isn't TERRIBLE but is bland/nothing special. The buffet... well... if you're wondering where the loser of the 8th race is...

I'll eat the so called asian buffet when its out as its not bad but I would stay far away from the rest of them. I didn't have a non asian buffet for at least 2 years, and last month got the prime rib and got a mild case of food poisoning. Yeah.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:06 PM

The only food I can ever recall having ordered at the Barn was the popcorn shrimp. Very meh.

I tend to stay away from most buffets as a general rule, so I'll go with Vehn on that one.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:57 PM

The food does seem to be decent. I have yet to try the Buffet.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) "Canterbury Park - the only place the tourists are better than the locals".

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxwoods might also qualify, depending on how you define tourist vs. local. Most of California would certainly qualify, I'd think.

To the original poster: Welcome to the forum! I didn't think your OP merited quite so much flak, although the question was phrased a little odd.

Not terribly informative: http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Canterbury_Park . I will add this thread, though.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the food you can order from the "deli" isn't TERRIBLE but is bland/nothing special. The buffet... well... if you're wondering where the loser of the 8th race is...

I'll eat the so called asian buffet when its out as its not bad but I would stay far away from the rest of them. I didn't have a non asian buffet for at least 2 years, and last month got the prime rib and got a mild case of food poisoning. Yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think the food is great, but it's not horrible. i have had a few buffets and thought they were fine. the burgers and chicken breast sandwiches are rather good. the chicken dumpling soup is very good. but then again, i like to eat.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 AM

Let's trade information... You tell me what the games are like where I play, and I'll give you the scoop on the games where you play.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM

The personal pizzas aren't bad either.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think the food is great, but it's not horrible. i have had a few buffets and thought they were fine. the burgers and chicken breast sandwiches are rather good. the chicken dumpling soup is very good. but then again, i like to eat.

[/ QUOTE ]it's all about the chicken lomein.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:21 PM

You guys are all spoiled... Come out to East Chicago where you're lucky to get a cold stale chicken wrap with unidentifiable sauce that changes color depending on how old it is. You know you're running good if they run out of them by the time you get hungry.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 PM

I feel obliged to jump in here, as I've played both at East Chicago and Canterbury.

That said, Canterbury is a haven. My roommmate (I'm still in college) is from Minneapolis, and whenever he goes home I try to piggyback myself along with him. The room is phenomenal, and it's some of the best action I've ever seen. I would HIGHLY recommend the 4/8 games, though every level really is profitable. I'm just partial to the 4/8 game because I've done quite well at it (like 6 BB/hr for a 20 hr stretch well). Sometimes you'll draw a bad table from the board. By bad, I mean you're not the only shark at the table. If that happens, just table switch, and one of the other tables will have ZERO good players. My fav. part about Canterbury is the people though. Everyone at the tables is generally nice, and it's a great atmosphere. I love being in control of the table and it's a very welcoming atmosphere to that attitude. Example: CO raise with 84o, BB says, "you raise my blind every time!" I say, "I know, I'm sorry but I'm getting really good cards!" "I believe you, I just wish I could get some good cards too." Umm...wow.

That said, East Chicago sucks incredible balls. They rake more, and the people are asses. There's no swearing rules, so people yell profanities all the time and it makes for a very cutthroat atmosphere. The room sucks, the dealers suck, the rake sucks, and it's a full kill game, which I personally hate.