Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Re: check out moneymaker\'s new crib

[ QUOTE ]
B- People who have played with him like his tournament game, enjoy having him in their cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand what you're saying here, people enjoy having in their cash games, meaning he's a bad cash game player?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 1 suckout if you will was him drawing dead to his case card 2 outer against Brenes AA, and he hit it. And that was way earlier in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

translated:
The one suckout was him with 0 outs to his 1 outer 2 outer against brenes AA...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 PM

what about the hand that knocked out phil ivey? they both went all in after ivey hit his boat
Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moneymaker is such a joke its not even worth telling one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what you will - that HU hand against Farha in the WSOP where he pushed him off on a stone bluff shows at least he has balls.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 PM

Moneymaker's problem is that he hardly plays. He played very few tournaments after the WSOP. He isn't nearly as bad of a tournament player as some of you make him out to be.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about the hand that knocked out phil ivey? they both went all in after ivey hit his boat

[/ QUOTE ]

My god.. sucking out two times in a five day tournament. That has to be a record, right?? What a luck sack!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about it? MM was way ahead on the flop with AQ on a QQx board. Ivey called a decent sized bet before he hit his two outer for a boat. Even taking into account implied odds, Ivey definitely was not getting the 22:1 that he needed to call on the flop. You no what that means? Ivey sucked out before MM did. Does that mean Ivey played the hand badly? Not necessarily. He could have reasonably thought that his mid pair was good on a QQx board. But MM certainly didn't play the hand badly either. Given the stack sizes, there is no way MM could have folded trips with top kicker on a board with no straights or flushes possible.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My god.. sucking out two times in a five day tournament. That has to be a record, right?? What a luck sack!

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is ALL skill. Moneymaker should have smelt out that set on the flop, any REAL champion knew that Ivey had a boat and would have just folded...He called because he thought he could hit his ace. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Listen to the cardplayer interview with Mike Matusow, he only plays like 7 tourments a year. 2nd place in the WPT event, 3rd in the WCOOP for Stud8, and two other cashes...I can see how you would think the guy is a total luckbox. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, but I bet if you take a poll of the people on 2 plus 2 a majority of them would agree with me...he had a great run in the 2003 ME (HELPED by more suckouts then in recent memory) but has proven mulitiple times that he is not in the same league as the other pros, proven in Poker Superstars II...say what you will about me but thats my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took a poll of the people on 2+2 and they agreed with you it would only show the level of jealousy of the majority of people who responded to that poll. Some of you will never get it. MM won a big tournament and was thrust into the public eye. I don't see him running around telling everyone he is the greatest thing in the world. The guy is just trying to make a living. Christ, put any of you in the same position as him (which I'm sure you fantasize about every day) and you'd be doing the same thing -- just trying to make a living. Of course he doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him -- he's the one next to the bunnies!

And BTW -- one comment on suckouts, genius. Tell us or point us to a comparison between MM's suckouts when he won, vs. Hachem, Raymer or any other WSOP ME winner. Since I doubt if you have that info I'm sure you will refer to the suckouts ESPN fed you. I agree that he had plenty of suckouts and was hit by the deck on several other occasions but this mythology that he is the luckiest player ever just shows how ignorant so many people are when it comes to understanding tournament poker.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:04 PM

coolest thing about moneymaker is that he admited he got lucky. if it was me, i would been like "yeah i own chan, ivey, and farha, that's just how i roll baby". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]