Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: i just folded top two for the first time ever

well this is a tough spot against an aggressive or tricky player but look at this guys stats.."67/15, .49 aggression"

Meaning he likes to see a lot of flops (probably plays any two suited and chases FD's to the river), and that super passive agression factor means that an overbet river bet probably isn't in his arsenal. The only way I could ever see you being ahead is if he also made aces up on the river, and believed his hand was good.

[ QUOTE ]
he can't know that hero has a huge hand, so is he just gambling on the fact that hero has a hand big enough to call an all in when there is an obvious flush on board? obviously if he has a flush he wants a call from any two pair and any ace, so why wouldn't he just value bet if he actually had it? if the guy is a good player he's going to realize that a $120-$150 value bet will be called enough times to have a much higher +E.V.

[/ QUOTE ]

peopple with those stats are not good, they are horrible, and he probably hasn't even considered what hero could have. Granted, he could be pushing with aces up, but i think there is a much greater chance it's a flush.

The chances of this player making this play as a bluff is virtually nonexistant.

Also, Dust, plz tell me the title of this thread a joke?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, I probably fold but I think its VERY close. And its not close between flush and two pair. Its between air and flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this type opponent really float the flop and turn just to make an overbet flush when the flush card hits?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 PM

thats never a ez fold.. he checked called you until the river. i'd put him on Ks10s probably. flush draw... missed but now hes open ended.. rivers the flush. its hard to lay that hand down but it can be done and i've done it before. its saved me alot of money... but i think its lost me some as well.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM

yea a live game its a easier fold then online. i tend to stay away from cash games online and play more tourneys online. live game a few weeks ago i got AQ suited in mid postion... raised the button re raised. floped a A bet he called... turned a Q i bet he raised. had a good read on him all night and knew he had hit his set. foled face up and he showed me pocket QQ.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:42 PM

pretty insane read, lol, if i were that guy i wouldn't show the set for the whole world, no need to give you more info then you already had; esspecially if you're making a laydown of that caliber.. oh well, good for you bad for him...
Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 PM

i hate when villains take weird lines like this against my fairly good hands.

i think the fold is fine here, without reads of him being an occasionally retarded push-bluffer/moron.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 PM

hes gonna have the flush pretty often when he makes this bet IMO, id say 75 to 80% of the time, if not more.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:32 PM

I have spent a lot of time over the past while studying loose-passive ppl's post flop play (guess I have nothing better to do).

I think this is usually the nuts. nh.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:11 PM

yes, the title was obviously a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
The only way I could ever see you being ahead is if he also made aces up on the river, and believed his hand was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
but i think it's pretty reasonable that he was calling down with A7o or something and thinks he spiked his miracle, and is too stupid to know that the flush hit. or he thinks that i wouldn't bet with a flush draw.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:15 PM

otoh, the most common line i see when they river their flush is either check again to "trap" me, or to make some pussy half pot value bet. this line makes me think his hand was a marginal pair and just improved drastically. in retrospect I'm thinking I should have called.