Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Is eDirectSoftware Legitimate?

eDirectSoftware's prices are dramatically lower than other places I have looked on the internet. I have purchased from them before, and the CDs (for MS Office, for example) sometimes say things like "To be distributed only with a new PC."

Here is the site
Here is a link where where the warnings on the CDs are discussed.

They seem confident that what they are doing is legal. But I am interested in a third party opinion before spending anther $200 there. Thanks
Old 08-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Is eDirectSoftware Legitimate?

They look legit to me. They are selling alot of OEM software which decreases the price by 50-75% usually. I buy OEM software from Newegg.com such as, Microsoft Works, XP Home, XP Media Center etc. However, Newegg says you must purchase a piece of hardware with the software to ensure you are a sytem builder. Most of the time they will throw in a little jumper wire or something in the box and not charge you. That is their way of sidestepping the "system builder" rule they believe is in place with OEM software. However, once you have bought other hardware from them, they waive that requirment because you have "proven" that you are buying hardware to build systems.

As long as you are getting legit CD's of the software, with serial #'s and it's not bootlegged copies you are fine. The one thing different with OEM software is that the manufacturer offers no support for it. But who is really going to call Micrsoft or whoever, if you had a problem?