Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Online Poker Schools

I am looking to learn NL Six Max and I was wondering what online poker schools (example: StoxPoker.com or Cardrunners.com) are the best. Any information would be appreciated.

Decerto

P.S. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum and ask the moderator to please move it. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Online Poker Schools

I signed up with stoxpoker two weeks ago, and I can highly recommend it. Watching his videos is a great way for me to learn, his commentaries rock. Currently there are about 7 NL 6max videos (and also about 7 limit 6max + one O8 video) in the members section, best 150$ I ever spent (this is for 6 months however).

I havenŽt checked out cardrunners, can anyone recommend it? Maybe someone could compare the two.

good luck
wolf
Old 08-27-2006, 01:44 AM

What level player are you if you don't mind me asking? I have been playing cards professionaly for about year now and I am looking to take my game to the next level. Do these sights help the advanced players as well as begginers or are they geared more towards newbies?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:57 AM

Taylor Caby, the best player at Cardrunners, plays big games. His plays a LAG style. He's got videos at all sizes. Stox plays a more TAG approach to no limit.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:43 AM

the stox videos are better for advanced players IŽd say, newbies probably wouldnŽt comprehend a lot of stuff he talks about.

He 4tables in the videos and tells you his thoughts he has about the opponent, the situation, etc. ItŽs a great way to sharpen your hand analysis skills, you really get into the head of a high stakes winning player.

My game level? IŽd say experienced, I play poker seriously for 18 months now, professionally for about 8 months.

wolf
Old 08-27-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Taylor Caby, the best player at Cardrunners, plays big games. His plays a LAG style. He's got videos at all sizes. Stox plays a more TAG approach to no limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the full ring games he sure is taggish, but in 6max IŽd estimate his vpip to about 25-27%, his strategy is to run over the opponents, stabbing at a lot of pots, lots of squeezes. IŽd say this goes more towards a laggish style.

Could you tell us more about cardrunner videos? Are they also focusing pretty much only on holdem? IŽd love to see PLO, O8, Stud8 and even Razz videos by winning players.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 AM

Cardrunners focuses almost entirely on NLHE. There are a couple PLO videos, but I haven't gotten around to watching them yet. Realpokertraining.com has more PLO videos, although the information you get out of them seems pretty basic, and the ideas about rebuying immediately in a PLO rebuy tournament are suspect.

As far as stud/8 and razz, I don't know of any video sites that have them, but I don't think they'd be worth the money. If you were to simply read through O/8 and Stud/8 for Advanced Players and Sklansky on Poker, plus spend a little time concentrating on hand reading in those games, you'd be in great shape playing these games. The play is truly dreadful until you hit 10/20, and higher if you're playing live.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:56 AM

I can highly recommend the 2+2 forums and archives school. Tuition is free.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can highly recommend the 2+2 forums and archives school. Tuition is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that requires reading and stuff. I hate that. TV is better.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 PM

Cardrunners is good. Mostly 6 max games mostly 2/4 or higher but now starting to have morelower limits too. Most likely will make your investment back many times over. I know nothing about stox.

Also LATB a great investment for the $$ though not 6 max