Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 09:04 AM

Default JJ reraised pot against huge fish

Villain is 60/20/0.81.
i'm sitting only because of him since its 6am. i'm up 50bb already and have reraised twice already with JJ and AK didnt show down.

Villain is incredibly loose, but only 0.81 agression over 210 hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($237.25)
BB ($223.15)
UTG ($406.01)
Button ($638.39)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $20, Button calls $20.

Flop: ($80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets $50.
Villain goes all in $380.01.

NOTE: villain has me covered and there is another player behind that has him covered.

it's only 161 for me to call but villain put his whole stack in
Old 08-26-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Re: JJ reraised pot against huge fish

If button folds I cant see myself folding this getting the odds you are getting. He might done this move with huge range of hands. Even the fish realizes that button is unlikely to have big pocket pair and thats all he cares about.
You bet only about 1/2 of the pot on flop you kind of induced the raise, so just call and be happy regardless of result.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:14 AM

I would fold to his AI. It depends on what I have seen of him. A 60/20 usually isnīt that passive. I come from limit and there 0.81 AF is not that small when he is playing 60% of his hands, dunno if thatīs the same in NL.
The deciding point is that itīs a 3way pot and the other guy has not spoken yet. Villain knows that both of you might have overpairs and a lot of players cant release them so he shouldnt be running such a bluff on this board. But the same move might get him a stack in case he really has a 3 or 55.
I guess UTG folded and now itīs back to you.
Itīs 161 for you to call to win 291 so you are getting decent odds.
Iīd still fold because you said villain is incredibly loose so he is not that unlikely to have a 3 and itīs such a stupid board to pull a bluff on vs a preflopraiser and a preflopreraiser.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 AM

call.

EDIT: also bet more than $50 otf.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 AM

definatly call. i think he has 66-88. bad players often open shove with any overpair.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:43 PM

Easy call, unless button calls. Way ahead of his range.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:43 PM

i'd say there's about a 50% chance of the call being right here, and your odds are right to make such a call... it'd be tough for him to have the 3 (because i assume that if he's calling $19 re-raises with a 3 in his hand then he's going to want to get paid more then $50 when he hits trips, even considering that the board has two to a suit) but you know you still have to worry about bullets and possibly cowboys, i think i'd go ahead and call without worrying too much about the button calling, idk hopefully he's got an under pair but i think that's pretty optomistic... actually i can't really come up with too many scenarios that i like for you in this hand, but i still say that it's a call too many ways for him to be semi-bluffing i think
Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 PM

I relooked at the odds and I think it is a call now, even if ur behind here I think your ahead enough to make a +EV call.