Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Stars 2nd chance 5th place, Full HH

ucla posted it for me, I haven't checked it though so someone let me know if there are problems.

PLEASE post any questions/critizisms whatever here, I really want to start getting back into poker mode after being deprived for 6 weeks.

FULL HH STARS $215
Old 08-25-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Stars 2nd chance 5th place, Full HH

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-25-2006, 05:51 PM

Hand 20 seems loose preflop.

Lvl 1. EP limps and you make it 80 in the CO with 24s.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Also hand 33 in which you limp behind in EP with T6s.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:58 PM

Btw if ur gonna ask me Q's, I don't remember the hands by memory, this was like 7 weeks ago, so include details.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Btw if ur gonna ask me Q's, I don't remember the hands by memory, this was like 7 weeks ago, so include details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly then you weren't ready to post this. Stay home this weekend and commit every hand to memory.

Unreal.

edit: I plan on reading/analyzing this drunk tonight, so I apologize in advance for any advice/criticism that sounds like it could have come from Nath.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:16 PM

I'm looking at the HH now, and to be honest I think I played some of these hands terribly.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 PM

Your "PUFF" (Preflop Unadjusted Fortune Factor) was just 13 -- which is very low ... average PUFF is 50. PUFF calculates how lucky you were in terms of quality hole cards (nothing else is part of the calculation). You had less premium, strong, and even moderate hole cards than expected over that many hands. Congrats!

You can see your PUFF by going to the last hand then click on the LUCK tab on the bottom right.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:31 AM

Hmmmm well that's nice, good to know I don't need luck like all those lucky donks out there!

No but seriously, this thread is being deprived of some good lovin.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:38 AM

Alright, alright, I watched this kinda quick, but here were my impressions:

Hand 20: UTG+2 limps for 20, Ansky raises to 80 with 24s in the CO, BB calls, UTG+2 calls. Flop is 235 and gives Ansky a flush draw. Checks to him, he bets 180 and gets two calls. Tun is a 9 to complete the flush, BB checks, UTG+2 bets 200 into pot of 800, Ansky just calls, BB folds. River is an off-suit 4, UTG+2 bets 500, Ansky shoves for 1500 more.

The pre-flop raise isn't for everyone, but this deep there's nothing wrong with it, the flop bet is a gimme, but why no raise on the turn? UTG+2's bet looks more like a draw than a better made flush, which means you may win nothing more from him if he misses the river and you'd hate to see another club fall.

Hand 42: This is the one I REALLY don't get (actually, now that I talk it out to myself, I think I do get it). UTG limps for 50, Ansky limps UTG+1 with QTs, MP2 raises to 250, SB calls, UTG calls, Ansky calls. Flip is JJK with a flush draw (not his flush draw), two checks and he pots it for 1000. The OR has only 1670, SB has 1810, UTG has 3180, so it seems he's committed to call an all-in from any of them. I dont think we're folding KQ+, and this early plenty of people won't fold any K, so I guess we are banking on ~30% equity if shoved on plus the chance no one has a pair of K's or better? It still seems thin to me.

Hand 120: At 100/200/10, Ansky with 8693 raises T8s from MP2 and SB, who covers, calls. The flop is a pretty favorable 958 with a flush draw (not Ansky's flush draw), and Ansky checks behind. Is this just a pot control thing? It seems there are a lot of bad turn cards that could come, but I guess there are some ways Ansky can pick up a draw as well, and in a smaller pot it will be easier for him to know if Villain gets there? Are we worried about a check-raise semi-bluff?

Hand 133: MP1 raises to 600 with 5060 behind, Ansky calls with 99 on his BB and leads an 823r flop for 1000. I'm guessing this is a stack size thing, where a check-raise would be pretty awkward? How do we respond to a call or raise? I don't think I lead into the PFR often enough, and this seems like a good spot for it, so I'd like to know what exactly goes into this decision.

Hand 187: I probably do this, too, but I'm not 100% sure it's correct. Blinds 300/66, UTG with 7846 raises to 1800 and Ansky with 11503 shoves 99 from the button. With UTG raising 25% of his stack (table is 8-handed), this seems thin versus his range. It doesn't seem like he has 88- enough to outweigh the times he has TT+. Although he is leaving himself exactly 10BB's behind, it still doesn't seem we have any fold equity.

Hand 236: Blinds 500/1000/50, Anksy raises to 2450 with T8s in the CO, ExitOnly with nearly identical stack calls from the SB and checks a T96r flop. Ansky checks behind. Turn is a J and puts a flush draw (not Ansky's) on the board, and they check it through again. The flop check I can see, but I would definitely bet the turn. I guess Ansky is inducing a river bluff?

Hand 281: Blinds 750/1500/75. CO with ~40K raises from the CO, Ansky covers and calls with AJs on the button. Flop is 924, CO checks, and Ansky bets 7500. I know this should be an auto-bet, but I swear I get check-raised here much more often than I get a fold.

Hand 352: Blinds 3000/6000/300. CO-1 with 56K raises to 12K, Ansky covers and calls with 95s on the BB. Flop AATr and they check it through. Turn is 8 and gives Ansky a flush draw, but he checks and folds for 12K. I probably do the same, but I hate folding draws. Is a weak lead on the turn too obvious and begging to get raised?

Hand 420: This is at the final table, six-handed. Blinds 7500/15000/500. Ansky has 265K, BB has 270K, Button has 140K, and the others have 350K+. Ansky folds KTs UTG. I would definitely open this 6-handed. We aren't so shallow that we can't fold to a re-raise (except from BTN, who can't really shove light on us), but also I think BTN is probably going to shove a lot of hands if it's folded to him, and since he is the only stack substantially shorter than ours, it seems we might get a little extra $EV out of not giving him the opportunity to do that.

Two other general comments:

1. I only watched the hands you played, so maybe I have a skewed image of how often you do this, but it seems like you're opening almost anything when it's folded to you CO-1 or further back, even when stealing blinds isn't a priority. This isn't just "playable" hands, this is like Q5o, T2o, etc. What's up with that?

2. You seem to play rather like I do, and rather unlike many people on 2+2, out of the SB, which is to say you almost always open complete and almost never open raise. Care to comment?