Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Will Negranu EVER take a day off from HSP?

I really started t0 n0tice h0w insulting/ann0ying he was at this years Nati0nal HU vs Evelyn Ng and 0nwards. The Circut Event, The Main Event, HS P0ker, his bl0g (pranking a 0rganizati0n l00king f0r d0nati0ns f0r injured p0lice man HAHAHAH 0h wait n0) hes ann0ying, n0t funny, insulting at times, makes infinant number 0f reads and is always right after the cards are sh0wn and still gets all the attensi0n as an amazing player and pers0n, pisses me 0ff a bit.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:14 PM

000000 rly?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes ann0ying, n0t funny, insulting at times, makes infinant number 0f reads and is always right after the cards are sh0wn and still gets all the attensi0n as an amazing player and pers0n, pisses me 0ff a bit .

[/ QUOTE ]

It pisses me off a bit when people can't type properly.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Danny always there? Hmmm, there are ratings to consider. HSP is the only poker show my wife watches because she likes Daniel. She thinks he's cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why they should be begging Antonius to be on season 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know how i know you're gay?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his impersonations show what kind of sheltered canadian dweeb he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Since he's from Toronto he's probably been very sheltered from other cultures/ethnicity. Because you know, Toronto isn't very diverse at all....
Old 08-24-2006, 09:33 AM

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but it's worth a watch. It's a hand between Negreanu and Hansen on HSP:

LINK
Old 08-25-2006, 02:43 PM

It seems like DN has been stuck in both seasons alot of the time and from reading some of his blogs he seems like the kind of player that likes to play until he gets even or winner so that might explain why he stays in the game all the time.

I also agree that his accent impressions are in poor taste. If you are good enough friends with someone then doing it in close circles is fine but in front of audiences is usually demeaning (whether he thinks so or not).
Old 08-25-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i'm on tv and my image is the source of my income, i'll cover my ass with comments too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-25-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like DN has been stuck in both seasons alot of the time and from reading some of his blogs he seems like the kind of player that likes to play until he gets even or winner so that might explain why he stays in the game all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu is quite clear in saying that it is importnat not to get wound up about having winning sessions. In fact, he explicitly stated as much earlier this season when he was berrating Mike Matusow.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:32 PM

No, he won't.

But the real question is...when is Sam Farha coming back!!
Farha is the man.

Anyway I think DN is one of the more colorful characters on the show, and he's def. a great player to boot. He'll gamble it up, A LOT sometimes before the flop. Course some of these calls kind of irk me. Like calling 20-25K PF with 45s when his opponent may only have 100-150K behind.

I do think he's got a bit of an ego though and likes the camera. He does keep things light even when he's losing bigtime, unlike some of the other players. Although it was awesome to watch Hellmuth lose his shirt.

Was kind of depressing when Antonio lost, he brought on this totally somber mood and started talking about quitting poker and becoming a furniture salesman....WTF is up with that?

anyhow, keep DN on, although one episode without him wouldn't hurt. and who cares if he does voices. He likes to do voices and they even stated that Minh doesn't mind if he does an impression of him. I don't think its racist at all. Anyhow the show is for poker players, and poker players are not supposed to be so thin-skinned.

anyhow for the love of god someone drag Farha back to the table!! or at least Phil Laak! Would be cool to see Tilly play in the game.