Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM

Default How do I play this guy?

I’ve seen my share of lagtards at the micro limits, and I’m learning slowly how to deal with them, but this guy was driving me nuts. I don’t even know how to categorize him, (tight-passive?), all I know is he was taking my money in a full ring $1/$2 game and I couldn’t figure how to play him. For example I had AKo on the button and raised after two callers, everyone called. Flop gave me TPTK, it’s checked to me and I bet, villain calls. Turn gave me two pair, I bet, villain called. River was a blank, I bet, villain calls and takes the pot with a FLOPPED STRAIGHT. A couple more times I lead the betting and he called me down with a much better hand which he never raised. So then I started checking down things like TPTK and he checked along with me to take a very small pot with a very good hand that he never bet or raised, or I took a tiny pot that I would normally have built up. All he did was check-call, check-call some very good hands. He was winning, but not nearly as much as he might have with his good hands. How do I play him?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: How do I play this guy?

Don't bluff and make lots of value bets.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: How do I play this guy?

you quit seeing monsters under the bed and be grateful you are playing against the biggest idiot in the world.