Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 06:22 PM

Default AK against turn donk from same guy who donk flop

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls...?

Reads are like zero.

I don't particularly like this flop/turn for, but I do have a good hand, so raise or call?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Re: AK against turn donk from same guy who donk flop

The double donk does not necessarily mean a better hand. But it is a weird action, to be sure, and is cause for concern.

If you raise this turn and get 3-bet (which is possible) do you let it go? I'm not sure you can, as you still have several outs against a good-sized portion of his range.

I don't mind a call on this turn card, but I think there is a case to be made for raising.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Reads are so important for raising a turn card after consecutive flop and turn donks. I've done it successfully with a semi-strong hand like TPTK before, but I think this board is too connected and the fact that he's leading in to two people makes this a call down.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:42 PM

*grunch*
i would call down.
I think we are behind here most of the time.
I can't see what raise the turn is achieving here. We cannot protect our hand against any kind of draw here, and often would be pumping the pot which we are favourites to lose.

his turn bet means he have some kind of made hand. Possibly two pair, KQ or 89.
Thinking logically I can't see him donk into hero with less than that.
However at .25/.5 he could have any two including T4o. :/

if checked to i bet the river. when raised i shout wtf
If we are behind i believe villain will bet river(therefor value bet if he will check)
Old 08-25-2006, 06:44 PM

Without reads, and with (possibly tainted) outs, I call down every time. You can't tell if he's an idiot or if he's playing a strong hand strangely. Pay him off and make a note if he's got you beat, take his money and make a note if he's a donkey.