Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 PM

Default 5/10 -- Standard?

Button is 44/4/1 after 70 hands. No specific reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: 5/10 -- Standard?

Eh... it may be okay but people spazz out here so I wouldn't mind calling down either.

However, I tend to just check-call three times here if I check the flop. I think passivity will win more money in this spot.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:43 AM

I would sometimes lead this flop, is that bad?

I think that bob is right and that in certain situations it is better to be passive and call down, so i think that his line might be best, but given the way you played it i would also fold this turn.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 AM

I always default to betting the flop. I bet almost every flop in this situation regardless of my cards, since you only need both opponents to fold better than 1 in 3 times to show immediate profit. It also disguises your hands in the future for when you do flop big; you'll be called down lighter.

I would fold the turn the way you played it. You were only beating a flush draw and that just came in, so I can't imagine calling down would be wise.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would sometimes lead this flop, is that bad?

I think that bob is right and that in certain situations it is better to be passive and call down, so i think that his line might be best, but given the way you played it I would also fold this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop, because giving a free card here is bad. I call if raised and check fold a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn.

EDIT:I think I raise this pf by the way.

LLL