Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Stake or no?
Yes 113 38.83%
No 178 61.17%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Poll: Users Who Left Party Because of Monster

I left finally, but not so much DIRECTLY because of Monster, it just helped me out.

The real straw that broke the camel's back was trying to get an answer about the change in how many hands we are supposed to play to earn points for that damn Sizzler. I sent 3 emails in the span of 2 days and didn't get any kind of response to the very simple questions I had until well after I sent the third email. In said email, I implied that it wouldn't take nearly that long to get at least SOME kind of response, even if it was only "we're sorry, we're working on your question and are very busy now" from Stars or Tilt.

So now Tilt has my current business and Stars probably will get a good bit too. I mainly play 2/4 LHE full, but will be working on my NL ring games too. There's not quite enough 2/4 tables going at Tilt most of the time, but that's really the only problem I have with them.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:10 PM

I moved my cash games to Wpex, but still play SnGs on Party, although most of my SnG action is still on Stars.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You get 2 tickets if your table hits the BBJ, and you get 1 ticket if any table of the same stakes/betting structure hits the BBJ (so if you're playing NL200 you get a ticket if ANY NL200 Monster table hits the BBJ). So the more tables that are running at your limit, the more likely it is that you'll get into the Monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it has to be exactly the same game--so, NL100 6-max tables don't get a Monster ticket if the jackpot is hit at a full ring NL100 table.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:25 PM

I don't know about the 6-max vs. full-ring thing whether you get multiple tickets.

But i think you might be better off playing multiple limits if you really wanted to maximize monster-freeroll value. 1 table each of 2/4 and 3/6 would be better than 2 tables of 2/4.
You can only win your way to the grand-final once afterall. Increased odds to win ONE freeroll ticket are better than winning multiple tickets imo.

This would hold true for the distinction between 6-max and full-ring if they do such things. But, then again, the extra $.50 on each hand at 6-max is even more of a killer at lower stakes than it is on full-ring.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:29 PM

I was sitting at the table yesterday when the jackpot hit. Showdown was quad queens vs quad aces.

Guy with the queens goes, effin party is rigged [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , and bounces with his $91K

I won $5700 just for sitting there. I also won entries to 3 freerolls...just dumb luck I guess. I didnt care about the extra rake before that cause the games were just as juicy.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:53 PM

I haven't left Party yet because I play 50NL which is not affected by Monster. At 100NL I'll be looking elsewhere.

It is simply absurd for cash players to be funding the biggest tournament ever. I would call it the biggest scam ever.

We'll see after a few months whether this Monster might be the biggest mistake in online poker. 50 cents out of every pot is huge, especially for low and medium games. I think a lot of regulars who showed a small profit will bust out.

Or is it that Party thinks the anti-gambling law will pass and they're trying to cash in?

They're certainly trying to purge low and medium cash game players from their site.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:01 PM

I decided this weekend to leave Party due to a number of reasons, the Monster only being one of them. I am still deciding where to ship my business for cash game play but will be deciding factoring in loose games, rakeback and customer service quality. Stars already has my tournament business forever based on their game and service quality.

If anyone wants to recommend a good site to ship my cash game business PM me. I play mostly 100NL.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The real straw that broke the camel's back was trying to get an answer about the change in how many hands we are supposed to play to earn points for that damn Sizzler. I sent 3 emails in the span of 2 days and didn't get any kind of response to the very simple questions I had

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play exclusively at Party, but there godawful customer service made me open accounts elsewhere. I've sent piles of emails and I NEVER get a response. I just got the bonus from Party and have now cashed out.

Monster is another reason. The non-monster games have dried up. Full ring is nearly gone.

The software is antiquated.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:17 PM

I try not to play there, but unfortunately I depend on datamining too much to go elsewhere. Sure FT has mining too, but their FR LHE action sucks and so does their bonus clearance rate.

I still hate Party for monster though, as well as their resource hogging software and BROKEN WAITING LISTS!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. Play 1/2 limit FR and SH so Monster isn't a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]
How in the hell did you come up with this hypothesis? Is monster not taking from those games?