Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Size of continuation bet

This is different in many situations but an average c bet on the flop is about 65-65% of the pot. 50% is still giving your opponets odds is some cases and at the low limit tables a 50% bet they see as nothing at all
Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 PM

I just bet 3/4 almost always (<=2 opponents).
Betting the same is easy when ,ultitabling and gives zero information away because it's always the same. (Unless I'm HU with a shortie then I might not, or bet 1/2 or full depending on flop, villlan and position. )

I can see potting the flop or near enough might be optimal.

BTW I used to bet 2/3 when I played FR - and BukNaked is absolutely right about 1/2 from HOH being too small for cash games ( I still remember the post you made about that).

It will be interesting what Harington recommends in his new cash game book.(Spring 07 ?)
Old 08-24-2006, 12:52 PM

I usually bet 2/3 to full pot when I do bet and vary my bet sizes more by the texture of the flop not my hand strength. I very rarely will cont bet into 3 or more opponents when I miss unless I am in position and checked to, playing at a tight straight forward table, and the flop has no draws. As for continuation betting 1/2 pot versus full pot. I know if I call a preflop raise in position and its heads up to flop, I am more likely to float a frequent continuation better who bets 2/3 pot than one who fires full pot. I personally don\\\'t like the bet pot buttons, I play at UB and find it useful and use it myself often, but I find it makes bad players play better against me. At other sites alot of bad players will click autobet which makes a min bet, which allows me to take advantage of their weakness more. If I have a draw I can call down cheap. If I have a strong made hand I can raise and being calling stations mostly they will still call. If I have a weak made hand I can get to showdown cheap. Playing at UB I find that even the weak players usually auto pot it which makes it more difficult to interpret their and take advantages fo their betting patterns. These are just my thoughts on the topic if anyone has anything to add or disagrees with some of these ideas I would like to hear their thoughts.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be interesting what Harington recommends in his new cash game book.(Spring 07 ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always under the impression that Harrington wasn't much of a cash game player.