Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 09:04 AM

Default lolz @ KJo

Sometimes (when I'm pissed) I don't care too much about the subtleties of the game, like my cards, my position, my opponents, or the previous action in the hand.

Limper is 54/4/1 after 100.
Raiser is 27.6/18.4/2.04 after 1300
BB is 39/8/1.75 after 70.

---

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 08-24-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: lolz @ KJo

If you think the limper or BB will fold a pair i like it.

I can't see what button bets here but checks on the flop often enough to make this -EV.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:40 AM

Anyone else not 3 bet preflop here ( I might suited I dont think I would here with the limper and tag raise from the sb, loose BB we almost want to keep in too dont we?)

preflop whatever im sure its fine as for the flop ck I think thats the best play, turn gets nice and interesting though
did it work? it seems unlikely button ck through any pair on the flop and its an ideal spot for this move action wise (but have u seen button bet fold the same street often, bet picked up draws last to act into multiple opponents)....

either way ur investing 2 big bets (maybe 3) to win what 6 or 7 others i doubt it works even 2/7. even if you took into consideration you could have likely 6 outs to get there on the river w/o running the numbers this has to be -EV. I wouldnt even consider this without a super strong read on the button to make me think it works more than that if used sparingly and in good spots (this isnt a bad one i dont think at all since button isnt the strong based on the flop and u shut eveyrone else out, can he fold a 6 though or other weak holding?) but just math wise I think its a loser.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 AM

I think button has Ax and will call you down anyway.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 PM

Starting up already! It's startin'already!

Goddamnit I'm going all in!

No I'm not. No I'm not.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:26 PM

This looks pretty horrible. Chances are that the button doesn't have much, but your move just smacks of BS based on the preflop/flop action. Assuming that you are following through on any river this line may possibly work in rare instances, but I can't even see what sort of hand you could be trying to represent, which is the main problem here. The guy is a TAG forchrissakes, we don't fold A high ever! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I did employ a similar strategy recently (documented in this thread) but if you compare the two hands then I think you will be able to observe the differences in setup for yourself.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:17 AM

david, I just don't get it. You post these great long ideas about math, and position, and frankly, a whole bunch of things that I never ever think about, and you are much better at that than I am.

But, then you play hands like this, and just burn money.

I play about 24/17 in a 6max game. When I raise 1 limper on the button, KJo isn't that great against my range. Sure I'm going to have A8 sometimes, but most of the time, you are going to need to hit a pair to win.

Preflop is just really bad. If its suited, I can see doing ths once in awhile, but KJo, just fold.

I like the flop check because you are winning this about never with a flop bet.

On the turn, just fold. I know everyone and their brother does everything they can do win every pot, regardless of what they have and how their opponents never fold. Just fold the turn.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 AM

Would you believe I've ran at 0.33/100 over my last 135k hands? It's true.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you believe I've ran at 0.33/100 over my last 135k hands? It's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had any streches that long, but I've had 30000-35000 hands at that low of a rate. It was fun to start the year running 0.02BB/100 over 30,000 hands [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But thankfully, I have college classes starting up again, so I don't have to play that much, just when I feel like it.