Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Vegas for the first time in October, where can I get the Poker rate?

Ok, so I'm sure this thread has been done about a thousand times, so I apologize in advance for the repeat, but the search function is useless.

My step sister is getting married out there in the middle of October at The Trop (I know, wtf are they thinking?). There's no way in hell I'd ever stay in that craphole.

I know from previous threads that the big 3 are Belaggio, Wynn, and Venitian. Which one (all 3 maybe) will give me the poker rate having never played there? I know in AC Borgatta just won't do this at all. Is it different in Vegas?

My main game will be 5/10NL, do all 3 spread this regularly? I have no problem making the hours (5 a day is childs play, lol) I'll be there from Wed-Sunday.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 08-18-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Vegas for the first time in October, where can I get the Poker rate?

They should all give you the poker rate. You may have to book at regular rates and then the Poker room manager will change to the PR once you log the necessary hours. Check out All Vegas Poker for details on play requirements and rates for each room. I would call the poker room you are staying at and confirm the rate, since they can change. GL.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Vegas for the first time in October, where can I get the Poker rate?

Do not get the poker rate anywhere during your first trip to Vegas. You will want to have the opportunity to spread your play around, so you can see which rooms you like to play at for future trips.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Vegas for the first time in October, where can I get the Poker rat

I want to stay somewhere nice, like the 3 I mentioned, I don't even want to know the regular rates there.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You will want to have the opportunity to spread your play around, so you can see which rooms you like to play at for future trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he plans on 5/10 NL which involves 2 rooms regularly. Bellagio and Wynn. Caesars has the occasional 5/10 as well as Venetian.

My suggestion is to go with Wynn. 129 weeknights, 199 weekends was the last rate that I'm aware of, it may have gone up since though. I think its' 6 hours/day.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will want to have the opportunity to spread your play around, so you can see which rooms you like to play at for future trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he plans on 5/10 NL which involves 2 rooms regularly. Bellagio and Wynn. Caesars has the occasional 5/10 as well as Venetian.

My suggestion is to go with Wynn. 129 weeknights, 199 weekends was the last rate that I'm aware of, it may have gone up since though. I think its' 6 hours/day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats what I'm gonna do, a bit cheaper then Bellagio, newer, and I heard the rooms are more spacious.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:33 AM

Don't expect the poker rate to cut your bill in half. If the place is busy, and the rooms are going for 400 a night for example, they usually only chop off the difference between the poker rate and the rack rate. So you still might end up paying 350 a night in the above example.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 AM

Check out allvegaspoker.com.

They cover room rates, game rankings, comps, food quality and games available.