Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Table Selection on PokerRoom network.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't play if your listening to music?? I have a hard time playing without any music but I guess to each his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, music calms me down. My original point was that constantly changing stations or CDs or browing your itunes takes valuable attention away from the game.

[ QUOTE ]
To OP, your right they're definately are advantages to playing on smaller sites. I've started playing on Poker Room recently but I'm having a tough time dealing with software bugs/lags etc. The software becomes such a distraction that a few times I think I lost solely from "software tilt" if such a thing exists. Anyone else ever have a similar experience with this site(or any other?)and/or have suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Pokerroom sites can be pretty irritating sometimes. They are constantly slowing down, cards dissapear, 'phantom' cards can remain on the table, and sometimes the sites just mysteriously log you off of a table. But I've gotten used to it because the few times it actually costs me money are far outweighed by how lucrative the play is.

The other day, I was dealt pocket Aces, then all of a sudden, one ace magically disapeared! I took a deep breath and played it like pocket Aces, hoping that at showdown it wouldn't say, and [blank] shows... an Ace! But it turned out I won, and it was fine. Phew.

And as far as bugs, its still better than some sites I've played on. Hollywood Poker, IMO, is the best one, because support responds immediately and are very cool. It helps to keep me less pissed off. I guess its similar to being in traffic, no matter now angry you get, it won't go any faster. If you can just be patient with it, it'll pay off. Hope that helps, and I feel your pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info on Hollywood. Do they have a lot of software issues? I was thinking of opening an account with them in the next few days. Thanks in advance!