Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: I can\'t play it any slower (rolled up in Stud)

It looks fine to me.. You can fast play 3rd also but it's usually not that big of a deal to slowplay.. I probably just smooth call 5th too and raise if 6th comes clean.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I can\'t play it any slower (rolled up in Stud)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't raise third. Thats retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider it to be fairly standard with small rolled up trips, especially when it doesn't give away your hand. David Sklansky and Andy B seem to agree with me, but what do they know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Chip Reese says otherwise (if this is a poker author name dropping contest) and the bring in/reraise into 2 overcards fails to disguise your strength. Calling and waiting until 4th or 5th gives your hand a lot of deception, especially if you catch another card with the same suit of your upcard. I don't see why you want to tip the strength of your hand on 3rd street and set yourself up for a small pot when you can play your powerhouse hand a little slower and try to get shipped a huge pot. Let your opponent make kings up and get shipped a big ass pot, or let him draw to his flush with bad odds while you have a good shot at a full house. Win big pots with big hands, not small pots. And rolled up trips is always a big hand