Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 08:42 PM

Default (PLO8 100) should I slowplay my monster hand here ?

I'm new with PL100. How do you play this turn ? Since the pot is quite small, I really want to increase it so I can go all-in on the river. What's the good amount to bet so that a naked (or almost) A2 to call here ? I'm almost sure I have to bet because I don't want to see an Ace or a deuce on the river.

Thanks for any comment

Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit $0.50/$1
Hero ($94.50)
UTG+1 ($106.88)
MP1 ($51.44)
CO ($51.25)
BUTTON ($87.14)
SB ($47.85)
BB ($30)

Dealing Hole Cards.
Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 folds, CO calls $1, BUTTON calls $1, SB calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop (9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] $6 - 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6, UTG+1 calls $6, CO folds, BUTTON calls $6, SB folds, BB folds

Turn (5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] $24 - 3 players )
Hero bets $24, UTG+1 folds, CO folds
Old 08-22-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: (PLO8 100) should I slowplay my monster hand here ?

im surprised u didnt get a call here. being a FD came up, and the LD is still there. but then again, im think 25-50max PLOHL. maybe 100 is a lil different

anway...my bet would b ~$18. it allows ppl to stay in with their straights, chase the low, and chase the FD. you dont wanna kill the feild.

btw...what was ur river plan if it a) came low, b) came hi no board improvement?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 PM

I can't see a better option than leading out. Maybe check raise river if they call and a low card comes.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 PM

sometimes as a balance i don't always full pot when i have the nuts, so it protects the times when i am value betting or bluffing a weaker hand, so maybe bet a little less? at these limits though i am surprised you didn't get a call.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:48 PM

bet 1/2 pot
or checking
it looks like u had 86 and then were scared of someone boating
and there is really nothing in the river that ur worried about so having it checked through is alright
thats when a 4 comes on the river and 3/4 someone
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im surprised u didnt get a call here. being a FD came up, and the LD is still there. but then again, im think 25-50max PLOHL. maybe 100 is a lil different

anway...my bet would b ~$18. it allows ppl to stay in with their straights, chase the low, and chase the FD. you dont wanna kill the feild.

btw...what was ur river plan if it a) came low, b) came hi no board improvement?

[/ QUOTE ]
a) pot
b) something like pot/2 (spade), pot/3 (blank)
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see a better option than leading out. Maybe check raise river if they call and a low card comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a non-Ace or non-deuce low card comes on the river, why would you check? You should make a pot-sized bet because any other A-2 likely will call you. By checking you risk losing the chance at a big 3/4. If you check, you better be damn sure you're going to get a bet from someone else.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:25 PM

You went WAYY too fast here. With this monster hi and sweet low possibility, you have to let them come to you. Check on the turn. If no one raises, so be it. If they do raise, you check raise for 1/4-1/2 of the amount that they raised. River hits bet out.

The Hun.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You went WAYY too fast here. With this monster hi and sweet low possibility, you have to let them come to you. Check on the turn. If no one raises, so be it. If they do raise, you check raise for 1/4-1/2 of the amount that they raised. River hits bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until an ace hits and 43xx takes low.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:12 PM

Ok. Well, 3 aces we don't know where they are, chances are one player has one, that is a reasonable assumption. So there are TWO that we don't know. For a 4% chance that the ace may hit the river, I'll check the turn. Add in some two's, so if a 2 hits, then you are busted on the nut low as well. So worst case scenario here is that 7 cards will mess with your nut low draw. That is approximately 14%. I would still gamble and just check. The reality is, is that at least one player has an ace, and possibly a 2. So REALISTICALLY we are looking at 10% chance your low will be counterfeited. 90% chance it won't. I like those odds and am looking for a low card to hit.

The Hun.