Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: DMB/OAR Concert tomorrow, Huge Fight with Girlfriend, What\'s my mo

just do this:

[ QUOTE ]
{sigh} you kids are so silly sometimes.

Evan hit it on the head : do you want her to go? If so, have a face to face conversation with her as early as possible in the day. Apologize for your poor behaviour in the fight (I don't care whose fault it is, who was right, what the issue was, if you were an ass in any way shape or form, apologize for that). If you were at fault in the actual reason for the fight, apologize for that. If she hurt your feelings during the fight, tell her that. "When you called me fat-assed-dick-head-cheap-[censored]-bastard it offended me." She should apologize as well. If something she did was the cause of the fight there are 3 ways to go:
1 - she concedes, apologizes, you forgive her
2 - she does not concede, does not apologize, and you decide its not a big deal and let it go (really let it go) and take her to the concert
3 - she does not concede, does not apologize, and you can't get over it. Break up with her, go to the concert solo, do 5 chicks at the same time in your resort hotel room, call your ex either during or right after and thank her for helping you realize the joys of 5 women at the same time, take pictures/video of all portions of this option and post with a trip report for all of OOT to enjoy.

Seriously guys, relationships are tough enough without continuing to act like you're in High School (unless OP is actually still in HS and "leaving" = "leaving for college" and "hook up" = "french kiss and maybe cop a feel before she slaps me!"). Be a man, apologize when you're wrong, tell her when you think she is wrong, and do everything you can to keep arguments from escalating into actual fights because nothing good comes from fights. Arguments can be healthy.

Your other option is to go over, pretend to make up with her, have angry/break-up sex without her knowing its break-up sex until you're done. "thanks babe! It was fun! I'll send you pics from the concert and a postcard from [future destination]." Again, pictures and trip report are mandatory.

~FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL.. I must chime in here and offer the counterpoint that OAR sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]You must have only heard their studio stuff. Check out 34th and 8th (live double disc w/dvd) and reassess.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL.. I must chime in here and offer the counterpoint that DMB sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'm sure I'm in the minority here...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:33 PM

As a long time DMB listener/concert attender, you could easily post on one of the big msg boards like Ants or Nancies and easily get a random young DMB female to gladly go with you to the show. 6 hours is a long freaking drive. You must live in New Mexico or Vegas.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a long time DMB listener/concert attender, you could easily post on one of the big msg boards like Ants or Nancies and easily get a random young DMB female to gladly go with you to the show. 6 hours is a long freaking drive. You must live in New Mexico or Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]I did think of that, but what if that random young DMB female turns out to be an ugly heifer? Most DMB chicks are not, but still, if I meet the chick and I'm totally not attracted (or even repulsed), then what?