Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 2 - Two vs. Three
A Clockwork Orange 64 30.77%
Blade Runner 144 69.23%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Stealing the HSNL [censored] thread idea

I don't think it will work very well. A lot of the OT posting that goes on here is the kind of stuff where people will still generally want to give it its own thread rather than putting it in a thread about poker-related gripes, since a heavy chunk of the OT posting here has nothing to do with poker.

That said, there's about zero cost to putting up one thread that people can bump whenever they feel like with BBV type material that won't go in BBV, so you might as well do it.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM

I think an idea like this is a great concept, however;

In the [censored] thread, posters are normally not noobs. A [censored] thread would keep some of the OT posts from regulars in one spot (And I do not have a problem with OT posts at all; this forum has evolved into a community in addition to being a strategy forum), but I don't think it would help with (what I view as) the main problem, which is threads like "Fold AA preflop?", "The 33s are easier than the 22s", etc.

FWIW, the "High Stakes Digest" thread is awesome.

Just my .02 as a frequent lurker/sometimes poster.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, there's about zero cost to putting up one thread that people can bump whenever they feel like with BBV type material that won't go in BBV, so you might as well do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The danger is that all the threads that are of interest to some of the community, but of low or no content, will get thrown into an unmanageable thread, people won't read it because it is too much to wade through and the community will suffer. If the low and no content threads aren't thrown into the [censored] thread, then what's the point in the first place?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 PM

Given the size of the STTF forum, a community forum is overkill and [censored] thread will suffice.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think an idea like this is a great concept, however;

In the [censored] thread, posters are normally not noobs. A [censored] thread would keep some of the OT posts from regulars in one spot (And I do not have a problem with OT posts at all; this forum has evolved into a community in addition to being a strategy forum), but I don't think it would help with (what I view as) the main problem, which is threads like "Fold AA preflop?", "The 33s are easier than the 22s", etc.

FWIW, the "High Stakes Digest" thread is awesome.

Just my .02 as a frequent lurker/sometimes poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember so many "Fold AA " posts lately but if you look now at the posts about 30% are OT another 20% are locked because of questions like "What is the ROI for 6.5$ STTs?" and only half are strategy but they are at the botton of the page...
The "High Stakes Digest" is great.
I think a [censored] thread should be made.
Olso... can't the mods or the admins of this forum make "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING: FAQ v.0091" bigger.Make it the width of 2 normal threads and make it another color [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]?I don't understand why nobody [censored] reads it.I'm a noob olso but i've read it.Why is this so hard I don't understand
Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it will work very well. A lot of the OT posting that goes on here is the kind of stuff where people will still generally want to give it its own thread rather than putting it in a thread about poker-related gripes, since a heavy chunk of the OT posting here has nothing to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums up my thoughts well. It won't do too much, but it will help clean things up a bit.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums up my thoughts well. It won't do too much, but it will help clean things up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM

who cares, I don't give a rats ass about all the OT stuff anyway. I don't care if it goes away and never comes back. I think the mods should ban/lock/move more stuff. There are way too many people who obviously don't even attempt to use the search function or read the FAQ. Anyone who does this and has a mod see it, should immediatley have a response titled "read the FAQ", and then locked.

I will go through the threads on the front page real quick.

I would lock this thread by Damani311. I would add something about whether to play in sets or continuous to the FAQ so someone stops asking about it every 3rd day. I would lock/move this thread by Daniel Magix about his slump. I would lock the thread about the 77s on Party filling up. I would lock the thread about bankroll management for turbo tourneys, move the one about mainstream view of online poker. Ok durron got to a lot of these. Anyone who talks about the Kelly formula in the STT forum instantly gets moved. Where have all the donks gone by Fanny gets locked immediately. Are they trolls by Colt McCoy locked immediately. Multitabling (how much is too much), some small discussion on this should be added to the FAQ, so the mod can just say "read the FAQ moron" and lock it. This thread by Doc about fewest hands you vpip or whatever should get locked instantly. The thread by giverofbadbeats gets locked immediately for unbelievably poor research. The one about HessJam and sharkscope should get locked immediately. The one by bengiec about stumblnig on reality should be instantly locked.

So as you see, I'd recommend locking a HUGE percentage of the front page. These threads are very close worthless or are off topic and clutter the page.

Anyway make me a mod, I'll lock everything whenever Im reading the forum if thats what you want. I will not err on the side of caution, people will hate me, and I'll probably lock things that perhaps shouldn't be locked sometimes, but it will get rid of all the non-poker, irrelevant garbage.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares, I don't give a rats ass about all the OT stuff anyway. I don't care if it goes away and never comes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three letter word... starts with "N"...

Anyway, I suggest the thread be called the "curtains" thread in honor of our main strategy guru.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway make me a mod, I'll lock everything whenever Im reading the forum if thats what you want. I will not err on the side of caution, people will hate me, and I'll probably lock things that perhaps shouldn't be locked sometimes, but it will get rid of all the non-poker, irrelevant garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you are not a mod.