Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 PM

Default River Bluff raise Q9s

Villian is about a 20/16. I haven't noticed him much, seems more likely on the tight side.

Eh? Meh? Nah?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Re: River Bluff raise Q9s

nah, you're not repping anything here and he's got a pair that can showdown almost always.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:37 PM

Check the flop.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:42 PM

I fold preflop but whatever..

I also check behind on the flop, but as played I think it's an okay spot for a river bluff (FWIW I would never attempt it)

It's hard to judge these situations from an outsiders P.O.V to be honest... If you really think you can get him to fold ~1/4 times, go for it.. If he's as tight as you think, then he will might fold a 3, 5, 6, 44, or even something like 77.. I think it's good to train yourself to develop an eye for spots like this where a player is likely to fold a large % of the range we can put him on.. It helps to build confidence, and it also helps to keep you in-line and analyze why or why not it was +EV if you do miss..
Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero in position, with the initiative, and rags on the board? This is most definitely a bet. Preflop is another story but given the action up till now you have to bet here.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:26 AM

I don't try these like ever. I think turn raise is better line to fold out some hands weak semibluff hands (44,45) and flush draws. Also getting more money in the pot on the turn is not that bad of a situation at all with up to 18 outs and sb might still come along.