Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Series 1

Remember it only looks for pocket pairs, so if I have a hand like 7789 and the flop comes 654 it goes in the 77 section. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Question for the better players who know how to play loose and smart.

How do you manage to play such bad hands successfully. Are you showing down non-nut hands successfully all the time, or are you just pure-bluffing your reads and position all the time? I know there is alot to it, but is there any insight someone can give me into the thinking behind this style?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am an above average omaha player with a fairly decent understanding of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level do you play at?

[Or so as to not offend RoundTower: "At which level do you play?"]
Old 08-22-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Observing higher stakes omaha, the winning hands (coming from consistent and winning players) are rarely the premium hands expected.

[/ QUOTE ]
This statement is just wrong. Two aces *long term* are the *significantly* most profitable hand at high stakes (and low stakes for that matter). Most other hands just push chips between players in the long term.
Oh but unlike you, I use stats to back up my statements and not just "from observation". Here was my stats from several months ago when I broke starting hands up into pocket pairs in omaha... Aces are way, way, way out there.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (damn long run takes too long)
but unfortunately there's a bit of a flaw with that chart because according to that chart then AA>JJ>77>QQ>88>KK>66>99>55 >44>TT
which isn't true.

Must have made quads vs nut boat with 77 a lot or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very intersting that fives and tens are your biggest (only) loosers, I allways like playing these hands as they have good blocker bluffing potential when a straight is possible, but I guess the flip side is that when playing a set you must run into straights a little more than with other pairs, something to be a aware of with these hands I guess.