Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM

Default 100/69/2.85 cash machine-how best to withdraw?

OK, so this cash machine was sitting at the .05/.1 stars table and was calling anything and everything. He hardly ever folded any street whatever he had, was raising and reraising preflop all the time, and the same after the flop. So I decided to try and wait for a strong hand and bust him with it. So I get QQ and reraise big preflop. We're both basically committed when the flop comes. So we get all in on the flop and of course his K5 catches and I lose a buy in. So I thought I would change it up and loosen up preflop to try and catch a monster on the flop. However, I don't catch anything great before he goes busto and then he's gone. I was just curious on how you all play when these maniacs come around that are just giving out money. Do you tighten up and wait for a big hand, or see some flops and hope to connect?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: 100/69/2.85 cash machine-how best to withdraw?

I love to see cheap flops againt maniacs, hoping to catch two-pair-plus (or in some cases TPTK) and break them. Don't go crazy raising preflop with moderate-to-weak hands. Get a hand first, then hammer, hammer, hammer.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM

I play micros and therefore I play a lot of maniacs. Usually, I loosen up slightly and call down a bit more with hands like TPGK. If you aren't exaggerating about him being 100/69, it doesn't take a monster to stack him.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 PM

open up your range against him especially if you can isolate raise big...dont cbet, hope to connect. Post flop play is simple if you have it bet it and dont have it fold it
Old 08-21-2006, 06:03 PM

First, I stop bluffing and cbetting almost entirely.

Second, I will open my range with hands that have good implied odds. Speculative hands begin to have more value.

If I have position, I will raise more frequently to isolate him. If I am OOP I tend fold hands like K9s but limp with hands like 67s.

Also, pay attention to the players that are getting beat by him. They are likely to be playing looser and more aggressively.

Likewise, the ones that are winning off him are probably playing a much tighter game.