Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 01:35 PM

Default .25/.50 QQ UTG+1

Early, so no reads on Villian, but he does have a decent stack in front of him, not sure that means much though.

Hero is UTG+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian is UTG+2

Preflop - 1 fold, Hero raises, Villian 3-bets, 7 folds, Hero caps, Villian calls
<font color="blue">My range on Villian here is JJ-AA and AK </font>

Flop - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Villian raises, Hero calls
<font color="blue">Toying with the idea of 3-betting here, but started to feel like I was behind, AA or KK </font>

Turn - A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian bets, Hero folds
<font color="blue">Brutal card for me. I felt like there was no way I was still ahead now. Fold proper here or c/c down to get a read on this guy? </font>
Old 08-21-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 QQ UTG+1

Go ahead and 3-bet the flop.

I'll switch to wa/wb mode on the turn, c/cing the rest of the way and hoping villain has JJ/TT or something goofy. You're getting ~4:1 on a calldown, and some villains will wuss out and fail to bet the river even when they have you beat.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll switch to wa/wb mode on the turn, c/cing the rest of the way and hoping villain has JJ/TT or something goofy. You're getting ~4:1 on a calldown, and some villains will wuss out and fail to bet the river even when they have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaks the truth
Old 08-21-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. My gut was telling me that I was beat here, but without a read and decent odds I guess a calldown is a better choice.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 PM

I somehow went into super weak-tight mode and was folding these for a few days... WTSD was like 25%... horrendous.

I've started calling down again and getting once again amazed at how bad players are... call this down.