Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Confusing AK

A lot of new players came in this hand, and I was very lost what to do with this hand on pretty much every street. Was this a hand I should've stuck around to see a river in the first place? Should I have let a free card pass on the turn? Should I have raised the river (because I'm definitely not folding unless it's 2 bets to me)?

Stats:
SB - 86 / 26 / 0.77 / 133 (very strange player...)
BB - Unknown
UTG - Unknown

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB (poster) calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Confusing AK

I fold the flop. It's not as confusing when I do that.

-Caddy
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM

fold the flop. good river call.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of new players came in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]
gross
Old 08-21-2006, 02:50 PM

I would probably grudgingly fold the flop, although I would cold-call instead if I knew the action was going to freeze up like it actually did.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 PM

I'm not exactly certain why the flop is a fold. By the time it gets to us on the flop, there are 15 SB (or $7.50) in the pot and we have a 6 outer, meaning the pot needs to be roughly $7.70 for us to make a $1 call, which is about right.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not exactly certain why the flop is a fold. By the time it gets to us on the flop, there are 15 SB (or $7.50) in the pot and we have a 6 outer, meaning the pot needs to be roughly $7.70 for us to make a $1 call, which is about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have to discount our outs. If UTG has AJ for example, we are drawing to 3 outs.

I would also fold the flop
Old 08-21-2006, 03:03 PM

you dont have 6 outs and you dont know that you wont have to pay more because you're not closing the action. BB has shown a good amount of strength with a flop bet into a preflop raiser and 3-bettor. all of your overcard outs come with reverse implied odds because of somewhat likely reverse domination by utg
Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont have 6 outs and you dont know that you wont have to pay more because you're not closing the action. BB has shown a good amount of strength with a flop bet into a preflop raiser and 3-bettor. all of your overcard outs come with reverse implied odds because of somewhat likely reverse domination by utg

[/ QUOTE ]

we have 2 back-doors. I think we can peel getting 7.5:1
Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth.

If you continue past the flop in this hand you are increasing your variance and decreasing your winrate. Fun!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have 2 back-doors. I think we can peel getting 7.5:1

[/ QUOTE ]
if you want to argue that you should continue in this hand, i think you should argue that hero should 3-bet the flop.