Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Ceasar\'s IN $2-5 NL Now $1000 max buyin.

No way budagi and TD can spread in IN. I really think getting omaha and o/8 spread more often would be a better crusade. Get ppl used to playing games other than holdem that maybe they have seen on tv before. Most ppl have never even heard of budagi.

I do think having the cap will encourage more ppl to sit down and play that game. As cool as it is to have that game uncapped, not alot of ppl like to sit down with ppl having 5k stacks.

I hate playing live holdem because it's just too boring but i would love to go over there and goof around and play 0/8.

sorry if this post is awful im trying to 9 table and type.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way budagi and TD can spread in IN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note, that I am only interested in having this spread during the WSOP Circuits, I'm not looking at it being a daily game, as I don't go to Caesars that often besides for the WSOPs.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:31 AM

Are you playing this Friday?

Brian
Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to be the trend. Venetian in Vegas increased their 2/5 from $500 to 1K back on August 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played the 2/5 blind at Venetian on August 12th. It was still a $500 max buy-in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading your post, I inquired when I was there yesterday, and they reconfirmed that it has indeed been a $1K max since August first. Most players only buy in for $500, though, so maybe that's what it was at your table. But it has definately been 1K max since August 1st (been there nearly every day since the change, and noticed it, as well as reconfirming verbally).
Old 08-21-2006, 02:24 PM

I wish foxwoods would do this.

Hand from nl 2/5 this weekend.

limp limp limp limp btn makes it 40, maniac millionaire who limped makes it 190, bb almost calls but folds reluctantly (he claims 66) only btn calls.

8x7d5d limp reraiser makes it 200, btn pushes for 650 total, lrr instacalls.

btn scoops with T8dd, lrr who hates btn shows Q6hh
Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you playing this Friday?

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, unless something comes up but I am normally there on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Default this is one very BIZARRE thread

n/t
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: this is one very BIZARRE thread

I talked to Jimmy whom I believe is becoming the new poker room manager. He informed me that they have tried to get triple draw approved by the Indiana Gaming Commission, but that the IGC won't allow it, because Caesars cannot find an Author to the rules of the game. He says he will be submitting Badugi though and possibly resubmit Triple-Draw so that they can be spread in October for the WSOP.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to Jimmy whom I believe is becoming the new poker room manager. He informed me that they have tried to get triple draw approved by the Indiana Gaming Commission, but that the IGC won't allow it, because Caesars cannot find an Author to the rules of the game. He says he will be submitting Badugi though and possibly resubmit Triple-Draw so that they can be spread in October for the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

any word on what happened to Billy? Just curious.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

any word on what happened to Billy? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No clue, though I sent Billy an email early last week and he responded immediately(schedule for Denny Crum/WSOPC) and then I sent him one the other day about Badugi/TD and never got an email back. I then called down the other day and someone said to talk to Jimmy if I came down, so I don't know if it just happened last week or what. I do know its not official yet, but they are pretty sure Jimmy is going to get it.