Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Horrible play at FW\'s

Just to give you an idea of how bad the play is at FW's

Pretty decent regular, addicated to c/r opens in MP, almost mediocre, but rushing LP 3-bets it, stuck/steaming just better than bad caps it out of the SB, call, call.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads, MP calls, LP raises, SB 3-bets, MP calls, LP caps, call, call.

Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP checks, LP bets, SB calls, and to only the SB and LP's surprise, MP raises, LP calls, SB starts cursing, goes into the tank and getting something like 17:1 folds.

MP smokes the river, which is a blank and LP calls.

MP shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], LP flashes KK, I didn't see if he had the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and mucks.

SB jumps up from the table screeching "I had that beat, I had that beat" and storms off.

How bad was LP's turn bet? How bad was SB's fold?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Horrible play at FW\'s

If SB had 1 pair beat, that means he had either 4+ outs to fill up and beat a flush, or he had a baby flush and was afraid he was drawing dead. But his action throughout the hand seems to indicate he had 2 pair.

Either way it is a terrible fold.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:30 AM

LP's bet on the turn isn't THAT bad if he has K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and depending on how wild the game is playing, a lot of players would do this with AQ, and even against QJ hes not in that deep of trouble.

whats the worst play is, is MP c/r'ing the turn into 3 people on what most of the time is going to be not the best hand, and has a slim margin for improvement. and no, i dont think that was a terrific read, because you would literally need the other two to turn up KK and/or AQ to make this bet.

i need more info on MP's holding in order to see how bad it really was, it could have been the best hand yes, but if it was an easily dominated hand than it wasnt so bad.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:03 AM

yeah I hate MP's turn c/r. I dont think LP played it that badly honestly especially if SB is actually capable of capping preflop with what it looks like he did.

which brings us to.. how the hell does a pf capper from the SB have AA beat on that board??
Old 08-21-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which brings us to.. how the hell does a pf capper from the SB have AA beat on that board??

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing that makes sense is QJ, perhaps Q8/J8. He's "stuck/steaming" according to the description. And maybe since he's been getting beaten so much, he figures it happened again with the flush coming in.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing that makes sense is QJ, perhaps Q8/J8. He's "stuck/steaming" according to the description. And maybe since he's been getting beaten so much, he figures it happened again with the flush coming in.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly! the definition of a weak/tight player with no hand reading skills.

this game is relentlessly crazy, so when you're running bad and dont understand the variance factor, it can be very mentally draining.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I hate MP's turn c/r. I dont think LP played it that badly honestly especially if SB is actually capable of capping preflop with what it looks like he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would tickle me to no end if barry told us he mucked 55 lol.

but probably QJ, which is something you'll see in this game.

trust me, you havent seen the legendary "Machine Gun" Tommy go on berzerko tilt, you think QJ off is a bad capping hand? lol.. i could provide some interesting hand histories i have written down while playing sessions with him in my "school book".