Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Pricing & Release for Sixth Sense

I haven't completely read the last couple of pages, so I'm sorry if you already answered the same questions somewhere.
- After the ptagg release (and after the ptagg import, of course) SS got really slow. Before that version SS never took more than 5 min for the first scan and all scans after that were really fast <1min. Now it takes up to 10-15min to scan the 30 tables for my limits and it don't 'speed up' after the initial scan. Is there no caching anymore?
And if the speed is because of the large amount of data I have, is there a way to tell ptagg just to take the datamining files from the last 3 month and delete the data that's older? (My pc is a 2.8GHz dualcore with 2GB ram dedicated for poker, so I don't think cpu speed should be an issue).

- I really don't like the table opener. It doesn't find any table when there is this PartyMonster-Welcome-Box open (after you joined a monster table), sometimes it just opens a different table than what I selected and I think there is no need to open the JoinWL-Dialog every time even I don't want SS to join the waitinglist for me (I like autoresizer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

- add wts and w$sd to the table fields. I don't use the custom scoring function and just sort the list for vpip. But , for me, the second most interesting stat is went to sd. So please add that and won@sd.

PS: 360$ (12*45*.75*.9 = 364, right?) for a year is a lot, but since there is no real/cheaper alternative I think I'm in.

tia,
Daniel
Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 PM

Also,I forgot to mention -- I think the PTAGG window needs a "Stop Import" button. For the same reason that I suggested a "Cancel Scoring" button for the main SS window: but the argument is all the stronger for the PTAGG window, which the user is much more likely to want to suspend/restart later: I think people feel much more comfortable when they have an explicit "Stop Import" button (and it could say beside it "Don't Worry, no data will be lost, and the import will re-start where it left off next time you run PTAGG").

Even though it says that beside the INFO row in the bottom-most table, it wasn't clear just what the correct method was to shut down PTAGG. Was I supposed to just click the X in the upper-right? Should I use the Exit button? Should I Ctrl-Alt-Del 'kill' the process?
The point is that after an import has been running for hours, or even days, the user might be understandably ancy about being reassured that he is stopping the search the "right way", and that no data will be corrupted, or lost, and I think that is best accomplished with an explicit "Stop Import" button (perhaps with the instructions I suggested above placed beside it.)
Just to make it more user-friendly.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 AM

without me having to read hundreds of replies what does PT Aggregator do if it is not just another name for the Sixth sense program. thx
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM

Default SIXTH SENSE Wish List Item

OK, so it's more of a fantasy, but if you dont' ask, you don't get, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This would possibly require co-development with PA HUD, so I think right off the bat it's nill...

Is it possible to be able to have your note field be an editable popup window for each player?

Crossing Fingers,

P1
Old 08-21-2006, 11:50 AM

Default WinSD field

Win SD is 0 for all players on all tables that SS displays. Why?

I am using PT aggregator and have imported all the PTracker database I am interested in using.

MKR
Old 08-21-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Error message from PT Aggregator Reports

I get the following message:
"NumStatbyGameType: Type mismatch for field 'game_type', expecting WideMemo actual: WideString." Whenever I request a report from PT Aggregator.

MKR
Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: SIXTH SENSE Wish List Item

pt aggregator is importing at about 1000 hands/hour, this is going to take weeks at this rate, I have no other programs running at the same time, any way to speed this up? I read someone mention vacuming your database or something earlier in this thread but I have no idea what that means.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Error \"Warning: Unable to find STATS for ANY players...\"

[ QUOTE ]
(snip) the user should probably be made aware that s/he should always import HHs in chronological order...

[/ QUOTE ]

GameID's are just assigned in order as the hands are imported. So it shouldn't matter if you import new hands then old hands. PTAgg *should* find them either way.

[ QUOTE ]
2)I have never been a huge fan of the "converge data" method (preferring, instead, a way that you could just tell SS to assign a full weight to players with a min # of hands), ...snip... Anything less than a whole integer is a little confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree its confusing (but helpful in situations where you only have < ~10 hands on someone). But this field works off the "Converge" option from the Custom User score. So if you turn it off it will give you integer results. Are you saying you want to use Convergence for the Fish Score, but integers for the NumData column? If so its possible, but complicates things a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Pricing is just fine, guys. Don't fall for the 'guess i won't be using it' line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Ben
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- After the ptagg release (and after the ptagg import, of course) SS got really slow. (snip)

[/ QUOTE ]

At around the same time Party came out with their Monster tables, which slow EVERYTHING down. Next time it gets slow, just try closing down Party to see if it speeds up. Also, find the "De-Monster" script on this forum, that should speed things back up.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the table opener.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have a direct interface into Party, so we have to "fake" sending keystrokes and mouseclicks, this is not 100% reliable. We will definitely work on making it more stable, etc. Also, try shutting down any other AHK scripts you might be running, as there can be some conflicts between the scripts. If you have a "must-have" AHK script, let us know so we can see if we can make them compatable.

[ QUOTE ]
add wts and w$sd to the table fields.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already on the to-do list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
PS: 360$ (12*45*.75*.9 = 364, right?) for a year is a lot, but since there is no real/cheaper alternative I think I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's correct. The additional 10% is a multiplier, just like you calculated it.

-Ben
Old 08-21-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also,I forgot to mention -- I think the PTAGG window needs a "Stop Import" button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I agree, thanks. -Ben