Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/20) (WPT Ladies Night Qual.)

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh alot watching the show. I like that they listen to what we say and talk back to us. I also think its better then the commentary on the PPT that makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuckman and Bart are actually very good at commentating on players that they see every day... I'm very impressed by there professionalism and ability to detach themselves from the fact that they actually play with several of theses players on a daily basis.

However, sometimes they are a little over-board with the hands they would fold.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/20) (WPT Ladies Night Qual.)

at blinds 8/16 with 2k ante, the preflop pot is 30000$ chips. at 6/12 with 2k ante, the preflop pot is 24k. the average chipstack sounds like 200k, meaning that each player's M (from harrington on holdem) is less than 10. furthermore, their effective M is close to 3, which would put them in the red zone strategy. basically, this means that extremely loose, aggressive play is correct according to the strategy overviewed in the books.

while it may look like it doesn't cost that much to play one hand, playing tightly at all would be ruinous at this stage.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:16 PM

Kelli sucks out bigime for the second time in about 7 hands.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:18 PM

Lupe, you look so perty! Wish i was there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM

sick...
Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM

Kelli Griggs sucked out 3 big hands to win.

Let's see which online poker "school" she will represent.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lupe, you look so perty! Wish i was there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Lupe... nice attempt trying to get a word in edge-wise against Bart and Tuckman, no one loves to hear themselves talk more than they do... better luck next time... but all and all I think you did well.

Hope to see you back.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:22 PM

as usual luck wins out. The other final four didn't help themselves though; they could have pushed harder when they were ahead. With the M so low at the end I would have been pushing all in with some of those hands.

Shauna
Old 08-20-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as usual luck wins out. The other final four didn't help themselves though; they could have pushed harder when they were ahead. With the M so low at the end I would have been pushing all in with some of those hands.

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

for the most part... they played well for the lack of experience
Old 08-20-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well since todays show is free you should log in and take a look. Tereasa is out alreay its down to 4 handed but the chip count is tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching it now... pretty good. I like the updated graphics...

But $15 a month can buy me two large bottles of Chimay

[/ QUOTE ]

$15/month is less than the cost than one pre-flop raise in a 3/5 NL game, and the improvement it can make to your cash game recoups the investment many times over.

I have a hard time telling whether or not the people that say $15 a month is too much simply because they can't afford it, or because they're just cheap.

(Of course, not paying $15/month because you're having a hard time getting the feeds to work reliably is a totally understandable issue. In that case I'd suggest ditching the 2400 baud modem and buying a decent internet connection [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- T