Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 02:16 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default Re: Pimp my room

[ QUOTE ]
This is going to be an ongoing series dedicated to turning my average room into the most amazing room ever. Your input, however good or bad, will be taken into consideration and the success of revitalizing this room depends fully on your involvement.

Through my own decision making, this is the floor plan of the room:

Pictures will come tomorrow of my standard room. This is just to begin and give a general idea of what we are working with.

Currently I have one poster, located on the wall by the bathroom door directly left of the "B", on the highside of the wall (ie it runs from the reach of your fingertips up the wall to around chest level). This will come with the photos when I put them up at like noon.

What I would like to begin with is how best to accomodate the walls. I plan on eventually getting a Plasma HDTV put on the wall above my desk, and I also hope to get a rasterbated picture of this, from Boondock Saints and have it cover the wall on the south side of my room (ie by the bed). this would be painstaking but well worth it imo.

besides that, what are your thoughts on posters, or framed pictures, or other ideas to put on the walls before I focus on other things like a La-Z-Boy or a Plasma TV. I want it to be cool, and though I find posters cool they can also be... I guess juvenile'ish. So with that I take upon your selections in the meantime until I take pictures of the room around lunchtime. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

panasonic real pro elite massage chair, so baller
Old 08-21-2006, 04:00 AM

If your bed can fit length-wise on the window wall, you would have more room for a couch/laz-y boy.

This poster is pretty balla.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 AM

something i thought would be pretty sweet was like a wall o' beer type thing.

i never got around to finishing the thing myself but maybe when i get a bar or something in my new house i can ressurect it since i have a couple hundo of these things laying around.

basically just cut the front part of the six pack off and stick it on the wall mabye laminate if u really want. most of 'em are a pretty standard size but some of them are pretty different in size like sam adams or negro modelo and what not so thats why u need a lot of 'em to make it look really baller

it was sweet since one of the grocery stores near me and an awesome selection of beers from around the world so me and my friends would get a different six pack every other night or so and it gave us an excuse to drink and work on our art project.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

bearskin rug
Old 08-21-2006, 04:03 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
something i thought would be pretty sweet was like a wall o' beer type thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my friends had one of these. it resulted in his room smelling kind of weird and him having the most giant cliche in history on his wall.

rj

ps. the bearskin rug suggestion rules.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:23 PM

- the bearskin rug is a no-go, because my apartment's floor is all rug (like kinda shaggy) to begin with. it wouldnt look right

-the deck to our place (outside my window) could use a hammock. good idea

catalyst: meh @ the money poster. I dont like flaunting my (comparable) poker wealth, much less a poster of it in my room.

here are some room pics:

more ideas would be great, thx in advance
Old 08-21-2006, 07:13 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

GET RID OF THE TRIPORTS NOW! WHILE YOU STILL CAN! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

rj
Old 08-22-2006, 03:56 AM

you dont like flaunting your poker wealth, but are putting a plasma in your bedroom! hypocrite! lol
Old 08-21-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your bed can fit length-wise on the window wall, you would have more room for a couch/laz-y boy.

This poster is pretty balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that poster is a perfect example of what OP should be avoiding.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:48 PM

wowowow. its a hammock by such a long shot that its sick. dual hammocks maybe? if i had a hammock and headphones i would have the raddest room ever.

rj