Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Ants F\'ing EVERYWHERE

1. Any ant killer you can get in the drug/grocery store for ants you suddenly find in your house. Just spray the bastards, kill 'em, and clean 'em up...

2. Diazinon spray of some kind. Use it to spray around the base of your house (on the outside for those that may be unclear). Then in the future use it anytime you find a trail of ants outside your house. It really helps to be proactive in this regard.

3. Terro traps positioned strategically around the outside of your house to draw ants away from the main living quarters and take out a few nests with little or no work. Preferably near where you think there is a nest.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ants are nature's cleaning crew. Leave them be.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you've never had a major ant problem. When there are hundreds of em crawling all over, say, your your kitchen counter tops every other day you might want to do something about it. They can invade the cleanest of spaces and once they do you're in for a war.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:43 AM
 is offline

Get it at Lowe's (Hardware). Even though it's advertised to be used outside the house perimeter, go ahead and use it inside the house wherever their trails are. Ants love this stuff.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:05 AM

Old 08-20-2006, 02:25 AM

I had 3 bouts with ants, and they were coming in a different spot each time.

Basically you have to find out where they are coming from, and spray the hell out of that area with any kind of ant killer (I used very common raid stuff).

Since it seems like these ants are very prevalent, I suggest putting up some "bait" then following the path of ants. Try to find somewhere that you could easily follow the ant trail, like a kitchen floor or even on a light colored wall (carpet can be very hard to track ants on). Put something sweet down and wait. Let them have at it until you locate the source (the sources of my ants were windows twice and just a spot on the wall underneath the baseboards the other time). Then, spray the whole line of ants and spray a ton near the entrance. Repeat this until all entrances into your house are taken care of.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:38 AM

Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 AM

i'm not sure what it's called, but when i worked with an exterminator they used this ant nerve poison derived from some plant to kill ants.

basically you spray it on an ant, and as the ant slowly freaks out and dies, it will lead you back to its nest, and then you can kill all the ants.

this guy also used a vacuum cleaner to get rid of bats.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure what it's called, but when i worked with an exterminator they used this ant nerve poison derived from some plant to kill ants.

basically you spray it on an ant, and as the ant slowly freaks out and dies, it will lead you back to its nest, and then you can kill all the ants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

[ QUOTE ]

this guy also used a vacuum cleaner to get rid of bats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what?
Old 08-20-2006, 03:50 AM

Yeah he had a big shop-vac or whatever without any of the blades inside or anything, and a big plastic tube.

Bats are really fitlthy and poop all over, so he'd use the vacuum to suck up all the guano, then he'd get the bats.
Afterwards he would take the bag and either kill them I guess or set them free far away or something, I didn't see this part.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:32 AM

We had an ant infestation in our garden and used powdered tobacco to get rid of them. Apparently the nicotine kills them and since ants will carry the tobacco back into their nests it also handles the source of the problem.